Persona 3: FES won't launch
you can try with newest plugins especially for gsdx plugin and sound plugins. Usually the newest is better than previous one.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.

Sponsored links

(05-30-2010, 06:05 AM)Matthew_rs7 Wrote: 0.9.7 is the newest?

I know I am using 0.9.6, or is there something else on my emulator that is old? my friend was kinda the one to set me up with it, sorry if I am sounding noob-ish

0.9.7 is indeed the new and recommended version.
It comes with all new plugins, too, and it certainly works 100% perfectly with Persona3 Smile
(05-30-2010, 02:48 PM)rama Wrote:
(05-30-2010, 06:05 AM)Matthew_rs7 Wrote: 0.9.7 is the newest?

I know I am using 0.9.6, or is there something else on my emulator that is old? my friend was kinda the one to set me up with it, sorry if I am sounding noob-ish

0.9.7 is indeed the new and recommended version.
It comes with all new plugins, too, and it certainly works 100% perfectly with Persona3 Smile

When my friend shows me that Fatal Frame games are compatible with the new one, I nearly exploded with excitement.

I had SOOO much trouble trying to get a hold of those rare games and then to have my PS2 die on me. being able to still play them is great.

I am hoping that my 0.9.7 is properly configured to run optimally. One thing I am curious about if the resolution thing.

I set it to fit window size, but I am wondering if it is better to set it to 16:9, and I dunno if it will allow me to go up to 1920X1080 resolution
you can use whatever resolution and aspect ratio you want, this doesnt affect speed of the game. but most games are 4:3 ( 99% of them Tongue )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-30-2010, 07:51 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: you can use whatever resolution and aspect ratio you want, this doesnt affect speed of the game. but most games are 4:3 ( 99% of them Tongue )

I played it, and there are some slow parts.

Say I am in the school and I walk into another room, after it does a quick load, it is a little slow but then speed goes right back to normal. The other one is a little more of a pain

When I was in the assembly and the Principle is talking and the guy behind me gets my attention, the FPS drops to about 45FPS, and these parts have a lot of talking. So I am wondering of maybe I don't have a setting that is the way it should or something.
maybe those parts are more heavy and your pc cant handle them. ofc you can post your settings in screen shots to help you. all the settings in all plugins you use (not the ones you dont use. and also a pic of the plugins you use Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(05-30-2010, 08:50 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: maybe those parts are more heavy and your pc cant handle them. ofc you can post your settings in screen shots to help you. all the settings in all plugins you use (not the ones you dont use. and also a pic of the plugins you use Tongue

I print screened a bunch of settings windows, if there is any information I missed, please let me know and I will try to get them up

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

[Image: 5.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

[Image: 8.jpg]

There is also when I first launched the emulator, and it had me choose all the settings before hand, I don;t know how to get back to that window where I selected everything, because that way you would have seen all the ones I chose.

Also, when I go to "System" the "Enable Patches" is NOT checked, so if I have patches, I guess they are not running, and also, I am not sure which ones I have (if any) because my friend set up my 0.9.6 emulator, if you recommend any patches for me to use, I will download them and apply them
Try setting the clamp modes in EE/IOP/VUs to 'none' and the VUs to superVU (will probably need the persona gamefix when using supervu). Switch the GSdx renderer to Direct3D10 (Hardware) and try some speedhacks (VU cycle stealing just fakes FPS in that game though so not that one).

You have a somewhat slow CPU so slowdowns are expected and there's probably not much you can do about it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-30-2010, 09:18 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What settings?

You have a somewhat slow CPU so slowdowns are expected and there's probably not much you can do about it.

Slow CPU?

AMD Athlon X2 7550 Dual core, 64-bit @2.51 socket AM2+

Windows 7 gave it a 6.0, I don't understand how you say it's a slow CPU
correction : slow cpu FOR PCSX2

PCSX2 requires a lot of CPU power
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go