Persona 3: FES won't launch
Hello there,

My PS2 is breaking and I am using the PCSX2 emulator to play games that I didn't get a chance to that I own.

I particularly love the Persona games. I have had Persona 4 run perfectly and I just got my hands on Persona 3: FES.

The compatibility for this game is green, and P4 ran great. but with P3: FES, I get the PS2's start up, then the PS2 logo.

The logo will then go to the bottom of the window, half cut off and the screen just goes black and stays like that without loading the game.

My computer's stats are:

AMD Athlon X2 7550 Dual-core (a 2.51GHz 64-bit)
XFX Nvidia GTS 250 Core edition (1GB, DDR3, PCIEX16)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I am using the most updated Bios and configured to the way that people in this currently recommend, Other games have ran fine (such as P4)

My method of running games is creating an ISO from the disk into a folder, then locating the ISO file through the Configure menu, then click Run/Execute

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

[Image: dfdfdd.png]

Sponsored links

that just weird buddy, i have already test that persona3 FES game in past and running well with old pcsx2 beta. i use gigahertz spu2 for sound plugin. btw try with latest pcsx2 r,1888 and latest beta plugins pack in this forum.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-29-2010, 04:51 AM)Register Wrote: that just weird buddy, i have already test that persona3 FES game in past and running well with old pcsx2 beta. i use gigahertz spu2 for sound plugin. btw try with latest pcsx2 r,1888 and latest beta plugins pack in this forum.

I am running version 0.9.6, is my emulator not running all the latest stuff? What I could do is try putting another ISO (such as P4) in the folder to see if maybe something is somehow different now.
are you sure you already set that game ISO properly at. Linuz plugin menu. or you can try to delete pcsx2.ini file than reconfigurated back. btw usually the latest pcsx2 and beta plugins are better than previous one bother to try those once??
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Try redumping the image. Make sure the image file type is .iso not .mdf or any other image file types. I had this experience too when running my copy using a mdf image copy of my disk. I remade the image using .iso and it loaded.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
I deleted the file you have recommended and I reset the configuration, I also deleted the ISO file and re-made the image.

When I run the .ISO for P3:FES, the PS2 logo still jumps to the bottom and cuts, but the game works!! yaay! Biggrin

so I am glad to have worked that out. Thank-you for your help Smile

I Made it through the intro video and to the main menu, but I have to reset the controls for my 360 controller.

I don't know if it's my computer, but with Persona games, cut scenes run fine but will drop to about 84% for a few seconds. The result is a cut scene that will have some slow parts, it's fine but when music plays you kinda notice it.
Cutdown on the VU cycle hack. They slow down some of the cutscenes. With VU cycle speedhacks on = slow text/fps but non cracking voiceovers and music, without VU cycle speedhacks = normal speed text and fps but with cracking voiceovers and music. Adjust to your taste.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
(05-30-2010, 03:21 AM)jadariin Wrote: Cutdown on the VU cycle hack. They slow down some of the cutscenes. With VU cycle speedhacks on = slow text/fps but non cracking voiceovers and music, without VU cycle speedhacks = normal speed text and fps but with cracking voiceovers and music. Adjust to your taste.

ohh? Where would I go to tone this down?

I print screened the area in "Configure/ SpeedHacks"

[Image: speedhacks.jpg]
Sweet jesus... How about update your ancient pcsx2 version to at least the 1888 beta, or maybe the fresh 0.9.7, hum? Wink

Sorry for my bad english.
(05-30-2010, 06:01 AM)rodiablo Wrote: Sweet jesus... How about update your ancient pcsx2 version to at least the 1888 beta, or maybe the fresh 0.9.7, hum? Wink

0.9.7 is the newest?

I know I am using 0.9.6, or is there something else on my emulator that is old? my friend was kinda the one to set me up with it, sorry if I am sounding noob-ish