Persona 3 Model Bug Thing
Okay, so I recently managed to get Persona 3 working. So I'm all like "Yaaay, let's play." Then I start getting into it. And then I find out that the models are bugged out. By that mean they are on wrong layers. As in the door appears on top of them. I have some screenshots.

[Image: FmnR] Hm, is it just me or do the models look a bit...
[Image: Fmof] Holy crap, I think I'm missing some parts of my hair.
[Image: Fmon] Hm, I didn't know she had the ability to walk under doors.
[Image: Fmpd]
[Image: FmpD] Practicing the art of hiding inside the walls

I think you get the point. After looking through all the different configuration settings, I have come to the conclusion that I am probably going to mess it up even more if I try and do anything. Can anyone who knows what they are doing help me out?

Sponsored links

which version of pcsx2? which gpu plugin? is no logz checked?
While I have gotten the model bug problem fixed, I checked the No logarphmic Z option, I have run into another problem.

The doors and models on walls and stuff are missing, with only their shadow left.
[Image: FRpC]
[Image: FRpG]
But when a dialogue box comes up it fixes itself

[Image: FRpO]
[Image: FRpY]

But when I leave the room, it usually is missing stuff like where I just was, as well as if I go back, the room will be missing the models again. Does anyone know what is causing this?

My graphics configuration is AA 2x, No Bilinear filtering, with Partial Depth and No Log Z on, and the VU Clip Hack in the game fixes on. The rest is default.
It is possible to run this almost completely bug free, I know since I have done it before...

Have you enabled the game/graphic hack/fix required for Persona? (It says somewhere that it is required for Persona or the game dev name)
And what happens if you put all settings on default?
Also, do you use speedhacks or anything like that?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(07-05-2012, 12:20 PM)Kaze Wrote: Have you enabled the game/graphic hack/fix required for Persona? (It says somewhere that it is required for Persona or the game dev name)
And what happens if you put all settings on default?
Also, do you use speedhacks or anything like that?

Yes, I'm using the VU Clip Hack game fix. Running it on all default with out No Log Z gets me my original bug. The speed hacks are basically the default, except I'm running it on microVU with status flag hack, but I've tried it with and without it and the same results occur.

I have noticed one thing though, is that occasionally I get this message, in the bash terminal.
[Image: G61U]
This does not happen all the time, but it might be important.
No, that's a normal zzogl status message

Actually, are you running with zzoglpg or zzogl 21.213?
I'm using 21.213 right now.
Does using zzoglPG help?
(07-05-2012, 08:24 PM)zeroxgen Wrote: Yes, I'm using the VU Clip Hack game fix. Running it on all default with out No Log Z gets me my original bug. The speed hacks are basically the default, except I'm running it on microVU with status flag hack, but I've tried it with and without it and the same results occur.

I have noticed one thing though, is that occasionally I get this message, in the bash terminal.
[Image: G61U]
This does not happen all the time, but it might be important.

Dunno if this is relevant, but I NEVER used speedhacks at all when playing P3 or P4, might be something there, but Zedr0n probably knows that better than me ^_^
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Using zzoglPG gets me the same result, and running without speed hacks doesn't really change much except slow my game.