Persona 3 Save File
Hello, I'm quite new here. Anyways, I recently tried to play Persona 3 on PCSX2. I played Persona 3 times before and I couldn't finish it because some bastard deleted my save file. So after a few years suddenly my urge to play came back and I played it on PCSX2. it works fine, but to speed things up I used cheats.

I think the cheat messed up the game. I'm stuck at the Big Hot Spring, where the girls would try to check out the 'noise'. But they didn't move at all. And when I try to go near them, they did notice the character with '!' on their head and suddenly the character cannot move. There's no error stated in the console, so I am guessing it's the cheat causing this problem.

Therefore I'd like to ask, if I may
1. Is there any save file converter for PCSX2? I found the save file on Gamefaqs, it's in .xps format.
2. Or, better, anyone can provide the save file, preferably after 11/19. Or slightly later.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

PS2 Save Converter or PS2 Save Builder for converting from .XPS into .PSU format which can be imported into PCSX2 memory card files (Mcd001.ps2 or Mcd002.ps2) using MYMC utility.
actually MyMC can import directly the xps (as many others formats). Only make sure the slot the game was saved is free on the memcard. I mean MyMC refuses to import on the slot 3 (for example) if there is a save already in this slot in the memcard.

In this case either the former save must be deleted prior importing or using a newly formated memcard.

Side note: make sure the save is for the same region as the game you own. Sometimes is possible to make the conversion of the save (like BASLUS to BESLES for example) using the PS2Savebuilder pointed by _DTG_ so it's always a good idea having it. This little utility can do wonders organizing memcards.

PS: MyMC indeed only export in PSU format, thus that ability to import several formats can pass unnoticed.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Wow, thanks a lot. After testing the new file, I discovered the cheat is the problem. But unfortunately the save file from gamefaqs is not that good. How I wish I could do something about this. Ah, well.

At any rate. Thanks a lot.
How so it's not good? I suppose you could load that save what mean it is the correct region, thus what is the actual problem? too advanced in the game, too early... too cheated? not cheated at all?
The progress is not that good. The social link, the compendium progress. It has two reversed, and just 50+%.

Anyway, I asked Codemasters Project, and they give me a new code that can be turned on and off. The problem is it gives me error in PCSX2.

The Code:
Code:
Enable Debug option in Tactic Menu in Tartarus (square=on X=off)
D07C5A42 00007FFF
00810818 0000000F
D07C5A42 0000BFFF
00810818 00000000

In the patch file, I wrote this
Code:
//Debug Menu
patch=1,EE,D07C5A42,EE,00007FFF
patch=1,EE,00810818,EE,0000000F
patch=1,EE,D07C5A42,EE,0000BFFF
patch=1,EE,00810818,EE,00000000

In PCSX2 it gives this error
Code:
Cheats found!
comment: Persona 3 Cheats
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,D07C5A42,EE,00007FFF
    Unrecognized Operand Size: 'EE'
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,00810818,EE,0000000F
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,D07C5A42,EE,0000BFFF
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,00810818,EE,00000000
Cheats Loaded: 18
it's the second EE, you should replace by "extended" in there.

Make sure the code is already in RAW format, if the code does not work you might want to use an utility like Omniconvert with the input for codebreaker 1-6.
At first glance it seems the code is already converted but...

Another thing to keep on mind is not all codes types were already implemented in the pnach engine, those beginning with D have a chance to not working as expected. Try it anyway, just remember to NOT save a game where a code didn't work.

PS: reviewing the original description, the codes provide joker to enable disable the debug menu, testing if it is working is simply trying those buttons... the advice is to use this cheat near a save point... do what you want with it and do a memcard save, not a sstate. quit the emulator, disable the cheat and reload from that saved game. it everything is done right the changes you did will be there.
(05-18-2011, 12:54 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: it's the second EE, you should replace by "extended" in there.

Make sure the code is already in RAW format, if the code does not work you might want to use an utility like Omniconvert with the input for codebreaker 1-6.
At first glance it seems the code is already converted but...

Another thing to keep on mind is not all codes types were already implemented in the pnach engine, those beginning with D have a chance to not working as expected. Try it anyway, just remember to NOT save a game where a code didn't work.

PS: reviewing the original description, the codes provide joker to enable disable the debug menu, testing if it is working is simply trying those buttons... the advice is to use this cheat near a save point... do what you want with it and do a memcard save, not a sstate. quit the emulator, disable the cheat and reload from that saved game. it everything is done right the changes you did will be there.
OMG What did I do. D=

No wonder. For the second time, I converted it, but it still did not work. The code is fine, but it was me.

I failed. /facepalm

Ahaha, thanks a lot for pointing that out.

Hey Guys, i was wondering if some one could help me find out what this means "(EE pc:001AF780) TLB Miss, addr=0x41 [store]" cause I have No Clue