Persona 3 and 4 FMV FPS Drops
[attachment=68693 Wrote:joshynorth pid='597541' dateline='1553358233']
Srry they are in spanish, but that's what i got. Also, i did the High Performance thingy but still :/ The weird part is as i said before it drops out of nowhere and sometimes not even showing less than 99% but still hearing a bit distorted when happening

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Persona 3/4 FMVs aren't that heavy tbh, thing that makes P3 and 4 slowdown is mostly with the white/rainbow-ish colored monsters and in 4 also in Junes, mind you this was back with my old AMD CPU (Read AMD Athlon 6000 x2 and AMD Phenom II 980 x4) but FMVs never really were an issue. You always temporarily skip the FMVs and watch them on Youtube. I know this isn't a solution, but there are not much FMVs in it tbh anywho Smile
If I can't properly play a FMV, I simply go to YouTube and watch it there instead.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Your CPU % in windows task manager is across all cores (in your case 2) so 40% could be in the worst case 80% load on one core and 0% on the other. Something more specialized like msi afterburner (you don't need a msi graphics card to use the tool) will be able to give you real time load readings on a per core basis.

I would check to see if the hack use software rendering for FMV is enabled, which fixes a lot of games (possibly these ones) but would be a much more crushing load on your 2 core lower end mobile CPU. If I was near my emulation rig I would check if it is a default config for the game. If it is someone can nicely help you either edit the config file or turn it off.
Persona games did had to use the VU Clip hack, but I thought I've read somewhere that you don't need to change the VU Mode anymore for this since version god knows how old Tongue
Hmm I had a similar issue but it wasn't during the FMV cutscenes it was during the Voice acted scenes but changing the Power status from balanced to high performance fixed the issue for me. It's weird that switching to high performance mode didn't fix the OP issue. What are your PCX2 settings such as the graphical API used and what internal resolution are you using? The reason why I am asking is because if you are running the game about native PS2 resolution it really push your CPU and if it can't handle it then you are going to run into problems. Since you are using an AMD card I would recommend using Direct X.