Persona 3 and 4 "slowdowns"?
For whatever reason, recording or not, I get these weird slowdowns in Persona 3:FES and Persona 4. As far as I can tell, the game is still going a full 60 fps - the music is perfectly fine and everything, but everyone is walking slow, animations are slow, and it just feels sluggish. This happens when there are more then 5 or so people on the screen. Oddly enough if I take the framelimit off by pressing F4, the game will go up to 150 fps and run totally fine, occasionally dropping to 100 FPS or so. What could I do to fix these problems? Is it a problem with the framelimiter or something? I have my GSdx settings turned just about all the way down in an attempt to fix it - I've been doing a Let's Play and having the game lag doesn't feel very professional :/ Anyways, here's my GSdx settings:
[Image: XvWxJMp.png]

And, my specs:
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.9GHz
Radeon HD 7970 Windforce 5X
8GB RAM 1600MHz
2TB 7200 RPM Caviar Black + 1TB 7200RPM Caviar Black

Also, if you'd like to skim through the first part of my Let's Play to see what I'm talking about, here's the link: http://youtu.be/sdBYH5N2rOs (25:10, 33:10 is a good example :/)

Sponsored links

That is strange, my Persona 4 runs at a constant 60fps while using a 1920 x 1080 internal resolution. Are you using any speedhacks? I use the recommended ones and they don't break anything. Have you tried using the Direct3D10 or 11 options of the plugin?

It could be the hardware hacks as well, not sure as I've never used them for anything.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
Which Drivers are you using Ness? cause it is weird that you have those slowdowns, since those Persona games aren't really that heavy, ofcourse it depends what kind of enemies, but I could run P3FES and P4 with quite ease for about 98% of the time with my 5770, haven't tried it yet with my 7870 Smile I've tried those with Catalyst 12.11 Beta though and it still ran just fine, ofcourse the rainbow monsters and golden hands are still kinda slowing them down.
Ness: Turn off your speed hacks, you don't need them with that system. Specifically VU cycle steal is what's causing it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Try Direct3D11 and uncheck Enable HW Hacks. With your specs, you should be able to play at 3x resolution or more without any slowdown.
(04-04-2013, 05:09 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Try Direct3D11 and uncheck Enable HW Hacks. With your specs, you should be able to play at 3x resolution or more without any slowdown.

Sorry for the late replies, I've been busy.
Tried this, and it's still super laggy in the same spots. What I've been able to find out is regardless of if I'm running with 16x Anti-Aliasing and 3x Resolution, the game will still run fullspeed and then "slow down" in these sections. Once again though, the FPS is still at 60 and not dropping at all, the game just goes incredibly sluggish like in the video. Taking the framelimit off I get around 180-260 fps with no slowdowns, but obviously that's way unplayable.

EDIT: Oh lawdy, disabled speedhacks and it's totally fine on 3x resolution, anti aliasing and all.. Thanks all O-O