Persona 3 freezes during battles
Hi guys, I have a problem with the game Persona 3. Sometimes the game freezes during battles, the thing is that the music still plays, the characters are still moving and I can still issues the "rush" command with the triangle button but nothing happens. The characters are just standing there doing nothing (they're still animated). It happens randomly on the NTCS version (original DVD) and always at the same spot on the PAL version (ISO file). As far as I remember it always happens after the main character has attacked the enemy.

I've looked all over the internet and didn't find anything regarding this problem. My DVD is fine, no scratches or anything and like I've mentioned before, I've also tried it with an ISO image from the PAL version. I really want to keep playing this great game but it's not fun like this.

Here, I've made a video of the problem. I've recorded from start till end, the battle where the game freezes is at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RE8Rs1It...e=youtu.be

I will post more info if needed, hope someone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Sad

PS: The FPS never go below 50/49 (PAL) so I don't think I have to post my PC stats since the performance is great.

Sponsored links

If you are using any speed hacks, disable them. Post your PCSX2 configuration, versions, plugins used, plugin settings and PC specs.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-18-2012, 10:55 AM)Bositman Wrote: If you are using any speed hacks, disable them. Post your PCSX2 configuration, versions, plugins used, plugin settings and PC specs.

I've tried different pluings and disabling speed hacks before, didn't work.

I've played around a little and tried using "Preset 1 - Safest" in the emulation settings and it seems to have fixed my problem.

Maybe I just got lucky this time but anyway, if the problem returns I will come back here and post all the info you've asked for. Thank you Bositman! +rep for you.