Persona 3 in 1920x1080p
What's the best config for this?

When I've been playing the character models are missing hair and look weird. a lot of walls look choppy, and theres the dreaded floor glitch.

Anyway to slightly lesson the graphical oddities in Persona 3?

Thank you for reading this post

Sponsored links

DirectX 10 mode for GSDx, with a gsdx version either before 1400 (where a graphic bug was introduced) or after 1900 or so (forget exactly when it got fixed again)

Also make sure to have the persona game fix enabled in the gamefix menu or, if you are using the latest beta (rev 1888) enable microVU1 from the CPU options. Doing those things should remove any graphic errors you get in the game. I've been playing P3 at high reses beautifully for awhile with those things in mind.

Note that since P3 isn't a widescreen game, a widescreen res isn't going to help unless you stretch the image all out. 1440x1080 would be the correct 4:3 1080p resolution if it matters to you.

(edit) Example picture.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for responding! How do I use direct x 10 with GSDx? I have windows 7 so should my direct x be up to date?

I'm a little confused, mabye I can link you my config.

-------------------------

PCSX2 0.9.6

Graphic Config : GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14

-------------------------

Is my stuff up to date? If not where can I get the updated files.

also I'm not sure what you said when you mentioned this stuff in your post

Quote:Also make sure to have the persona game fix enabled in the gamefix menu or, if you are using the latest beta (rev 1888) enable microVU1 from the CPU options. Doing those things should remove any graphic errors you get in the game.

I need some clarification i'm new to this stuff Laugh lol

on a side note, I may be wrong since i'm unfimiliar with the emulator but I don't think size matters (lol that sounds wrong). I played in window'd mode and I still have the same oddities I had while playing in 1920x1080. Anyway thanks for your help!
Go into the graphics configuration settings and for renderer switch it from DirectX9 hardware to directX10 hardware.

The persona game fix is listed in the game fix menu. You don't need to worry about the microVU option since you're using the stable version of pcsx2.
Hey thanks for the help! I switched to direct x 10 and all of my graphic problems are gone, the floor glitch still is happening though. It's not too big of a deal because it doesn't happen in like every room. The game looks awesome in 1920x1080p!!!!!

By the way, I couldn't find the persona 3 gamefix. I went to the gamefix menu under config and it only had 2 options for diffrent games. Do I have to download a persona 3 gamefix separately?

Here is a screen shot of the game fix menu

[Image: 1z6tli0.png]

Again, I have to say. Thank you for all of your help!!! Much appreciated
I thought for sure version 0.9.6 had the persona game fix in it already... Guess I was wrong, you will have to upgrade to beta revision 1888 which you can download from either the download section of the website, or the public beta download section of the forum.
(12-25-2009, 05:05 AM)Koji Wrote: I thought for sure version 0.9.6 had the persona game fix in it already... Guess I was wrong, you will have to upgrade to beta revision 1888 which you can download from either the download section of the website, or the public beta download section of the forum.

The gamefix is in the new version! The game now runs perfectly in 1920 x 1080!!!

Thank you for helping me so much. I hope other people that have the same problem stumble across this thread so they can figure out what to do too hahaha Laugh
Why would you run a 4:3 game in 16:9?
next time check the date please. that an almost 6 month old thread
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Some posts got deleted... I'll just go ahead and close this.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64