Persona 3
Well, yes, ZeroGS give a bit more pretty picture here. And for me speed of both plugins almost same. But if you have 20-30 Fps, it seems that something wrong.

Sponsored links

(01-13-2009, 07:39 AM)yann_leei Wrote: i actually get more glitches with gsdx (0.1.13) than with zerogs 0.97.1, in particular with gsdx, i get this flickering on certain textures that seems to be present regardless of gsdx settings. tried it with dx9, dx10, hardware & software modes, tried all the graphical options, messed around with speedhacks and whatnot. sadly, i also take a 20-30fps hit with zerogs

TY for the vote of confidence.

(01-13-2009, 08:42 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Well, yes, ZeroGS give a bit more pretty picture here. And for me speed of both plugins almost same. But if you have 20-30 Fps, it seems that something wrong.

You need to enable a few things...i need to look at what my settings are...one sec...I dont remember which one did the major boost but on of them did.
-Partical targets
-Fast Update
-FFX hack
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
Bilinear filtering gave a 20-30fps hit for me on ZeroGS. Best keep it off for P3.
Hm, playing P3 constantly gives me a strange glitch: the game always takes a frame or two back before moving forward. It's too annoing to play.

Another issue is that choosing Frame Skip, or VU Skip in CPU properties makes the screen black at all times.

P.S> I tried using all: the latest stable Playground, svn396 and 563 beta... All do the same.
Thank you all again for the advice, but it appears that whatever I try, (and I have tried a lot) including every configuration suggested here, the best I can hope for is a choppy 50-60 fps with persistent graphical glitches, similar to yann_leei's screenshot. I guess there might be a few more things I could try, but I honestly don't have the patience.

My best luck was with
PCSX2 0.9.5 beta
GSdx 890 0.1.14 (Pixel shader 3.0, texture filtering)
SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
-ZeroSPU2 improved speed, but was pretty much nonfunctional for me
First two speedhacks

Playground was very similar, but ran about 5 frames slower and suffered from the same graphical glitches.

Strangely, considering what Mur, Trehek, Tann_leei, and Zeydlitz said, ZeroGS, rather than being prettier but slower, was a complete indecipherable mess. Also slower.

Anyway, I've found I'm not really into the hobbiest element of PS2 emulation at this point. I'll wait until it gets more stable.
with the new 0.9.7 persona 3 FES is running 55 - 60 fps most of times. Now i'm in front of a Boss battle against "rampage drive" at 14th level of tartarus. Suddenly FPS goes down to 15 FPS and i was trying several configs to get it work much better. Finally found out I just had to switch from Direct3D9 (Hardware) to Direct3D9 (Software) in the video config and now all is fine . 60 FPS all time in conversations/boss battles.