Persona 3
So after finally getting this game to run on my computer, I'm still only getting 40 frames per second at best. (With VU skip!) Is there anything I'm missing? Or should I just give up. Sad

My specs:
2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 6600
Geforce 8800 GTS
2GB 800 MhZ DDR2

And the settings I'm using:
Graphics: GSdx 872m SSE2 0.1.12
Pixel shader 2.0
SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
All other plugins default

That's um... all I can think to mention. I tried MTGS mode, but it stopped the game from running at all.

Any help would be greatly and wonderfully appreciated!

Sponsored links

I just started playing Persona 3 fes and most of all time i get playable speed 50-60 fps without any frame skipping.
My settings:
563 rev. Pcsx2-PP
Graphics: GSdx 888m SSE2 0.1.13 (DX9 1280*1024, pixel shader 3,texture filtering -on)
SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
MTGS mode on, all speedhacks are on, frame skip:normal.

Without MTGS mode is enabled the game will be very slow, and try PS3 mode.
Phenom 1055T x6 3.5GHz ; nVidia GTS 250; 6Gb RAM; Windows 7 x64
I found that the 0.1.4 GSDX runs better th the newer GSDX but i still find its more glitchy than the ZeroGS

For cpu settings make sure chop / zero and decimals are zero are enabled to get good speed. You also can make clamp normal to reduce certain graphical glitching.
Death Notebook - (Killer Notebooks)
X9000 OC Dual 3.0 : GeForce 8800M GTX : 4 GB OCZ Ram
There are many forum threads about optimising persona 3 and persona 4. Persona 4 works in much the same way so tips for it are also mostly valid for p3.

Anyway, since I'm posting here are my settings for running p3:

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1
*Bilinear Filtering OFF (important, huge difference especially in battle scenes, I get drops of about 30 FPS with it ON.)
*Anti-aliasing ANY (no difference detected. Leave off on low end gfx card)
*All other ticks OFF

SPU2ghz Playground 1.9.0
*Nearest Interpolation
*DirectSound
*Time-stretching ON (small impact on speed, I detected nothing. Sounds much better)
*All other ticks OFF

CPU
*All ticks on left ON (EERec, VU recompilers and MTGS)
*Limit (Stabilizes rendering since these games have big FPS differences)

Speed Hacks
*All three Overflow/Underflow hacks ON
*Disable Extra VU Flags ON
*Disable Extra FPU Flags OFF (you get some glitches with gfx on communications if this is ON)
*EE Sync Hack(x2) ON
*IOP Sync Hack(x2) ON
*EE/IOP Sync Hack(x3) OFF

Advanced
*Roundmodes CHOP/ZERO
*Flush to Zero ON (on both sides)
*Denormals are Zero ON (on both sides)

The Advanced settings and Bilinear filtering settings had a huge impact for me. Overall FPS went up from a jumpy 30-60 FPS to quite a stable 58-60FPS with these settings only.
Thank you all very much for the help. It looks like I have a bit of tinkering ahead of me, but it's good to hear of all the options I still hadn't tried. When I find what works I'll post it here for the benefit of future generations.
In the future you should try using the search because there is a lot of places that say this.

I would also suggest sticking with ZeroSPU2 because it runs a bit better than the playground but maybe that is just me. Do what you think is best but the game does have a lot of speed decreases and glitching at certain parts of the game.

And Trehek, i have to disagree that P4 and P3 are similar in graphics, I find GSDX (0.1.4) runs better with P4, also P4 runs MUCH smoother than P3 and only has a few slow down areas such as battle screen and shopping south that run at 40-46 FPS. The rest run smooth at 60.
(01-12-2009, 07:41 PM)Mur Wrote: And Trehek, i have to disagree that P4 and P3 are similar in graphics, I find GSDX (0.1.4) runs better with P4, also P4 runs MUCH smoother than P3 and only has a few slow down areas such as battle screen and shopping south that run at 40-46 FPS. The rest run smooth at 60.

Yeah I suppose the GSDX thing is correct, but I didn't mean similar FPS. I meant mostly similar settings. Weight on 'mostly' there. Tongue
(01-12-2009, 07:41 PM)Mur Wrote: I find GSDX (0.1.4) runs better with P4, also P4 runs MUCH smoother than P3 and only has a few slow down areas such as battle screen and shopping south that run at 40-46 FPS. The rest run smooth at 60.

I don't know about Gsdx comparisons, but I highly doubt that P4 'runs better' than P3. With P3, I was able to maintain 60fps about 85% of the whole game, while in P4, battles maintain a stable 60 for about 45% of the battles (I've beaten the entire game)
3.0ghz E8400 Dual Core Processor
4 Gigs Corsair DDR2 RAM
(2x)8800GT SLI (dual cards)
Ninja
Fine them, don't take my word on it and figure out for yourself...I am just saying what i said because I just PLAYED both of them like last week and i gave up on p3 because it was glitching badly.
i actually get more glitches with gsdx (0.1.13) than with zerogs 0.97.1, in particular with gsdx, i get this flickering on certain textures that seems to be present regardless of gsdx settings. tried it with dx9, dx10, hardware & software modes, tried all the graphical options, messed around with speedhacks and whatnot. sadly, i also take a 20-30fps hit with zerogs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)