Persona 4
Hello, I am trying to play Persona 4 on the new beta version (0.9.7) and it runs fine so far except the ground (looks like supposed to be shadows) flickers and look rather annoying. I didn't play very far into it, but I figure if it's a problem at the start it will be a problem later on as well.

I tried the fix in the gamefixes and it didn't do anything that I noticed. Does anyone else know how to fix this problem? I'm using the default plugins/settings.

Sponsored links

That's weird. Everything is ok on persona 4 running in 3113. Its probably a config thing. Are you using microVU or superVU? microVU is ok with persona 4 whereas the superVU is faster but may cause glitches.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
I tried both of them and didn't notice a change. I just Googled the problem and found someone who said to use a different version of gsdx, r1412, so I tried that and now the flickering at the train station is gone.
Never played Persona 4 before, but is it normal for the visuals to be kind of blurry whenever the characters are moving? Looks kind of like some sort of weird motion blur but its slightly annoying and I wanted to know if there is a setting to make it go away. Its done it on all the gsdx versions Iv tried.

Here is a small picture of the problem.
[Image: p4problem.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
No it isnt blurry on my side. Are you using the latest beta 3113? Try using native or software mode to see if the blurryness disappears. Try cutting down on speedhacks too like the VUcycle hack. It can cause problems in persona 4.
My PS2 Resurrected:
AMD Phenom II x4 oc 3.4ghz
GTX 560 1gb
Western Digital 300gb hdd
4gb ddr800 kingston ram
Asrock N68-S Motherboard
Yes it's normal, if anything it's just more noticeable at higher resolutions and when things move a lot, try with native.

Just remember games were meant to be played on the original PS2 hardware so playing it in anything else could have glitches or things that shouldn't look like that and wouldn't happen in the PS2.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64