Persona 4
I just started using this emulator for ps2 a couple of days ago. So this will be my first ps2 game for the pc. So my friend happened to have Persona 4.iso file so i decided to try it. But when i started the game, its slows down a lot. Everything moves slowly. Igor speaks word from word very sowly. Could anyone suggest what should i do to get this to run smoothly or maybe solve this problem? Im using an Acer Aspire 5920G to run this emulator. Is it the sound problem or a graphic problem? Please help! I wanna try this game!!!!! Sad

Sponsored links

Need some more information. What are your settings on? Do you have the options for dual core set? Are you using vista? And so on and so forth. What plugins areyou using? What version of PCSX2?

Persona 4 runs on my system at 60 FPS (or higher, I limit framerate though) in most scenes but drops in rare occasions (crowded scenes)
Im using vista home premium 32bit.
2gb ddr2 ram
intel core 2 duo processor T7500(2.2ghz,8ooMhz,4mb L2 cache)
NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512mb
Right now im using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.971 for graphics & ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 for sound
Im running a PCSX2(beta) - VTLB
In the Ps2 Output it mentions it is compiled on February 12 2009
Sometimes i can run it fine but when reaching area like the first day of school where you need to introduce yourself to the class, im getting like 8-11 fps.
(03-13-2009, 06:44 AM)gungrave1988 Wrote: Im using vista home premium 32bit.
2gb ddr2 ram
intel core 2 duo processor T7500(2.2ghz,8ooMhz,4mb L2 cache)
NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512mb
Right now im using ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.971 for graphics & ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 for sound
Im running a PCSX2(beta) - VTLB
In the Ps2 Output it mentions it is compiled on February 12 2009
Sometimes i can run it fine but when reaching area like the first day of school where you need to introduce yourself to the class, im getting like 8-11 fps.

ZeroGS is very out of date, try using with the other plugins, particularly set to DirectX 10 mode (and don't forget Logarithmic Z).
first, as it was said, change the video plugin to GSDX and use it in directx 10 mode. if you can try to use the version for SSE4.1, if not stick around with SSSE3, uncheck texture filtering (i think that it will give you a small boost in speed) and activate logaritmic Z, if not the models will be broken and some textures will simply disapear. enable all speedhacks and a small suggestion in the cpu options could be to use VU skip. an example of the four boxes below could be 0,0,2,3, my personal configuration, with this I manage to run it on a really crappy pc (see specs XD). hopefully your pc will be strong enough to fight battles with the configurations, unlike mine that i almost cant play them, normally the framerate goes under 20 fps in there
good luck with your configuration
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(03-13-2009, 08:15 AM)marche1990 Wrote: first, as it was said, change the video plugin to GSDX and use it in directx 10 mode. if you can try to use the version for SSE4.1, if not stick around with SSSE3, uncheck texture filtering (i think that it will give you a small boost in speed) and activate logaritmic Z, if not the models will be broken and some textures will simply disapear. enable all speedhacks and a small suggestion in the cpu options could be to use VU skip. an example of the four boxes below could be 0,0,2,3, my personal configuration, with this I manage to run it on a really crappy pc (see specs XD). hopefully your pc will be strong enough to fight battles with the configurations, unlike mine that i almost cant play them, normally the framerate goes under 20 fps in there
good luck with your configuration

I tried setting it to GSdx 890(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14 but when i went to configure i dont see directx10. I do see direct 3d10 but they are divided into Direct3D 10(Hardware),Direct3D 10(software) & Direct3D 10(Null). Which one to pick? You mentioned SSE4. Where can i get it? And where is the setting for logaritmic Z? The 0,0,2,3...that's under the CPU setting is it?
Huh
*update : I manage to get the plugin SSE41 but i get a message saying that my CPU doesnt support it. Is that the SSE4 you mentioned or is it something else?
Yes your CPU does not support it so as you got told above,use the SSSE3 version.
For configuring the plugin,you should read the extensive guide which is also in the stickies:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
its direct3D Hardware, and the numbers are for the boxes in detailed settings of the cpu, however you can try to look for some other settings that work better for you
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
I tried what you guys suggested. It helped a lot! Thanks guys! BTW, I also went to Advance options & checked the box for Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero. I think it helps as well. But I have no idea why. LOL
(03-14-2009, 03:54 AM)gungrave1988 Wrote: I tried what you guys suggested. It helped a lot! Thanks guys! BTW, I also went to Advance options & checked the box for Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero. I think it helps as well. But I have no idea why. LOL

the flush to zero and denormals as zero, i believe, just change certain values to integer zero, alot less work to use 0 instead of 123e-14.
[Image: 1816969.png]