Persona 4 0.9.8
I am still having a lot of FPS issues with Persona 4, regardless of the above. I have looked on several forums and tried all kinds of different settings, but I continue to have problems. Version 0.9.8 does not have a CPU configuration option like the older versions, so I cannot limit the FPS rate (or at least, I don't know how to). I downloaded version 0.9.6 to see if I could just run it from that, but that causes a different problem (I do run it as an admin, and it will load all of my plugins, acknowledging that it has been configured to the defaults. However, if I try to alter the defaults - or even assign the controller - and hit 'ok', then go back into the same configuration settings, they have reset to default).

So, basically I can't get Persona 4 to work on version 0.9.6 because none of the configs will save (it also says it can't find the memory cards, and no, I do not have a text file in that folder). I can't get it to work on version 0.9.8 because I have much less control over the frame rate, and it slows down horribly for pretty much the entire game.

I have a 64-bit Win7 laptop (Inspiron N4010)with an Intel i3 core processor. DirectX11, Intel HD Graphics (i3)...I think that's the main info that would be needed?

Please help - I would really appreciate it. I don't care which version I have to use. If someone can solve the 0.9.6 problem, I'll use that, but if you know how to fix the FPS problem in version 0.9.8, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

That issue has probably to do with the fact that u have installed PCSX2 into Program Files Smile Try to install it into your My Documents or if you have a 2nd partition install it on to that Smile Program Files can be quite a nagger with Permissions Smile
Hey guys, I'm new here and searching for a problem solution for my 0.9.8 P4. I've already searched for the problem and apparently other people also experienced this, though the threads don't seem to exist anymore. Therefore I'm gonna ask here: How do I unfreeze/get the menu selection in the town overview to move? The game still runs but you can't select anything other than the High School. I'm at the 04/20 so I should be able to select the other locations, or am I wrong on this one?
Have you configured the D-pad along with the left analog stick? It's possible that area needs the dpad for selections...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-12-2011, 11:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: Have you configured the D-pad along with the left analog stick? It's possible that area needs the dpad for selections...

Just figured it out an hour ago, thank you for the reply though!
(09-12-2011, 11:30 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: That issue has probably to do with the fact that u have installed PCSX2 into Program Files Smile Try to install it into your My Documents or if you have a 2nd partition install it on to that Smile Program Files can be quite a nagger with Permissions Smile

Ha..NICE catch! You're right, that did the trick. I'm still getting massive audio slowdown and some graphical skipping/reversing, but I guess that's probably just a settings issue? The weird thing is, I have it set to skip frames when lower than 55fps (55-60 works great)...and yet the game seems to completely ignore this when there are multiple objects/moving cameras on the screen. It'll slow right down to 30, jump to 45, maybe hit 50, and then go crazy. My computer can't really be that pathetic, can it? It runs much newer PC games without a problem, as well as 3D rendering software and animation, so I don't really understand how Persona 4 could trip it up. If I could just get the frame limit that I set to WORK, there would be no problem, but as I said, it dips below it at regular intervals and slows down both sound and video. Granted, it works better than it did with 0.9.8 (at least the title sequence isn't slowing the FPS rate!!), but still...

Any suggestions? Sad

This isn't 'just' running a game like Persona 4 on a modern PC, this is PS2 emulation which is far more demanding in CPU speed than any modern game. Your PC is borderline with PCSX2's requirements, a very low end onboard graphics chip and a laptop at that, my guess is that you are already getting the maximum performance possible for that PC. You can try checking 'native' in GSdx and some speed hacks and see if you get better results
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've been playing Persona 4, since I bought it a while ago, but never got around to playing past Yukiko's castle.

Anyway, I'm playing it properly now and I have found that 0.9.9 plays it a little better than 0.9.8, but I'm also using the GSdx 4894 plugin as well.

AMD Phenom II X3 710
8GB DDR3
Gainward GTX 460

I get 60 FPS constantly, with the box speedhacks enabled, but not the slider ones and it looks perfect.
(09-13-2011, 01:39 AM)Bositman Wrote: This isn't 'just' running a game like Persona 4 on a modern PC, this is PS2 emulation which is far more demanding in CPU speed than any modern game. Your PC is borderline with PCSX2's requirements, a very low end onboard graphics chip and a laptop at that, my guess is that you are already getting the maximum performance possible for that PC. You can try checking 'native' in GSdx and some speed hacks and see if you get better results

That's depressing. I already have 'native' checked, as well as the first speed hack. I closed down a bunch of tasks running in the background, shut off my wi fi, and pretty much closed down everything except PCSX2, and the problem remained.

MizuhoChan...do you happen to know how your computer specs pair up against mine? You may have a less crappy system than I do.
(09-13-2011, 02:45 AM)jaymeeraine Wrote: That's depressing. I already have 'native' checked, as well as the first speed hack. I closed down a bunch of tasks running in the background, shut off my wi fi, and pretty much closed down everything except PCSX2, and the problem remained.

MizuhoChan...do you happen to know how your computer specs pair up against mine? You may have a less crappy system than I do.

they're diferent things, urs is a laptop he/she is a desktop, maybe u wanna try the new revision like she/he says seems to increase the fps, here download the last one http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Edit: Also check in the first page, the tips i give to the op. o/