Persona 4 0.9.8
Actually, version 0.9.9, combined with your suggestions, actually did have some noticeable improvement. The graphics are more or less spotless. I am still having audio slowdown in several cutscenes, and a quick snag here and there during battles (usually by selecting an attack of some sort), but overall the game is much less painful to play now. Oddly, the cut scenes, etc, do speed up to around 60fps, and of course in Persona 4, nobody really moves much during the cut scenes except to maybe walk from one spot to another - regardless, the FPS jumps around pretty severely. A character can be in midsentence, with no other visual or audio resources running in the game, and their voice will start slowing down mid-sentence and then speed back up. I don't know if this is just my computer trying really hard to keep up with the FPS limit and falling behind at random intervals, but I think this is pretty much as good as it's going to get for me on this computer.

SO, for people on the internet who have crappy laptops, I will sum up everyone's suggestions from this thread:

I have an i3 core processor and graphics card on an Intel laptop running Win7. I pretty much have the lowest settings on everything here, so if you have anything "worse" than my specs, the following list is probably as good as it gets:

-Download PCSX2 0.9.9
-Plugins: GSDX 4915 SSSE3-r4915, SPU-X-r4872, cdvdGigaherz
-Set the EE and VU clamping to None
-Enable all box-checked speed hacks, and set EE to 2 under the speedhacks option
-Native resolution with DirectX9 hardware. Check Logarithmic X, and nothing else
-Set all audio settings to their lowest value, and check 'disable effects processing
-DON'T install PCSX2 under Progam Files =p
-Windowed mode
-Shut down as many programs/processes that eat up your computer's processing power as possible

Thanks again for your help, everyone..I really appreciate it.

Sponsored links

which graphic card do u actually have?? not sure if u said that in your posts before Smile But I know for a fact that Persona 4 isn't really that heavy, since I could play it with my old Athlon x2 6000+ and x2600xt around 55 fps (I know it's not the 60 fps (NTSC-U)) but it was fine for me, besides the moments it slowed down when they were sitting at junes or with some of the monsters Smile (Btw this was on 0.9.6) Smile
(09-13-2011, 09:19 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: which graphic card do u actually have?? not sure if u said that in your posts before Smile But I know for a fact that Persona 4 isn't really that heavy, since I could play it with my old Athlon x2 6000+ and x2600xt around 55 fps (I know it's not the 60 fps (NTSC-U)) but it was fine for me, besides the moments it slowed down when they were sitting at junes or with some of the monsters Smile (Btw this was on 0.9.6) Smile

You know, oddly enough dxdiag doesn't give me as much info as I would expect. Usually with other computers, it gives a graphics card, model number, chipset (if applicable), and some other stuff...for this computer, however, the only info it gives is "Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3) Internal".

And yeah, 0.9.6 is surprisingly decent with the correct settings, as opposed to 0.9.8 ... still, out of the three I find that 0.9.9 has the least amount of slowdown (I tried the same scenes under all three versions with the applicable settings, and 0.9.9 had the least amount of scenes that suffered slowdown). I can get used to it. It's kind of funny to hear them slow down in mid sentence ... it's like watching somebody become steadily more inebriated over time.

I'm not sure whether this was the right thread to post this in. The beginning of the game has flickering colorful shadows below the steps, even in software mode, but a lot less noticable on that mode.

I'm using Pcsx2-r4875, on 4x Native DX11 and most stuff on default, only hack is the MTVU. Here's a shot of the scene.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6632/unled1kw.jpg
(09-13-2011, 10:32 AM)Caraway Wrote: I'm not sure whether this was the right thread to post this in. The beginning of the game has flickering colorful shadows below the steps, even in software mode, but a lot less noticable on that mode.

I'm using Pcsx2-r4875, on 4x Native DX11 and most stuff on default, only hack is the MTVU. Here's a shot of the scene.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6632/unled1kw.jpg

Even though not visible in the screenshot I just tested it and I get it here too. A minor bug it seems bug a bug nonetheless.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Persona uses path3 masking, its possible enabling the ee timing fix might sort it out
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

That's an issue in GSdx since r1425, ref found what would fix it (thou for another game but same issue) but he never got to fix it ;p
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Well I did and didn't fix it lol. I did tell latest about it too, seems he did nothing Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

okay i have

2.6 GHZ Dule core processor
7600 NVIDIA Graphics card

2GB RAM
800 MHZ
(09-13-2011, 02:44 PM)refraction Wrote: Well I did and didn't fix it lol. I did tell latest about it too, seems he did nothing Sad

Tired much? Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64