Persona 4 Flickering Textures
I'm experienced the kind of texture flickering that is depicted in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cib2oDTN3jQ (the texture flickering on the wall to the left when the character is in motion). I'm not too far into the game (4hrs) but it also happens near the bedroom stairs in the Dojima house. 

The only thing that has solved the issue so far was playing the game in Native res, but I'd prefer to experience the game with sharper, upscaled graphics.

Playing on 1.4.0... tried the current latest build as well and it didn't fix the issue. Tried old and latest drivers, no result.

GTX 1050 Ti
i5-7400 @3.00GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro x64

Any advice would be appreciated. If you need any more details of any kind, just tell me and I shall provide them Smile

Sponsored links

Tried OpenGL instead of DX11? Since you're using a Nvidia card it is recommended to do so as OGL is a tad more accurate, but besides that it's weird that you have flashing textures I never had this and I'm on AMD myself.
Sorry for the late reply. I did indeed try both OpenGL and DX9 with default settings (4x native) and it yielded no results. All my PCSX2 settings are on default except with MTVU on. Tried all GSdx plugins from SSE2 to AVX2 and nothing worked. I also noticed that nearly all gameplay vids of Persona 4 on PCSX2 have the exact same flickering issue in the exact same places, I could even link them all. Got a GeForce 610M on my laptop and the flickering is present there too, so it might as well be a Nvidia exclusive issue, dunno.
That looks like z fighting so there's nothing you can do atm.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Again why does he has it and I don't? Is it indeed an Nvidia issue? Also OP did you tried an older driver instead of the current one? I had some issues with Citra myself and returned to 19.4.2 instead of the current 19.8 (AMD Catalyst).
(08-09-2019, 06:51 PM)StriFe Wrote: Again why does he has it and I don't? Is it indeed an Nvidia issue? Also OP did you tried an older driver instead of the current one? I had some issues with Citra myself and returned to 19.4.2 instead of the current 19.8 (AMD Catalyst).

I tried numerous drivers some from 2016 which is when my card came out and newer and latest ones. At this point I'm very certain it can't be a driver issue. Tried turning Logarithmic Z and Alpha Correction both on and off on Dx9 Hardware mode as well and still nothing. Thanks for the responses though
I'm not entirely sure if you still have to do this though, but under manual game fixes you had to change the VU settings IIRC after you turned that on.
Tried that as well as switching to superVU recompiler -- still the same. Well at this point I'm just gonna hope that only a few locations in the game are like this and play on. Thank you for tryina help~
have u tried the latest dev build from here

https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

no need for installation just extract to any location in your pc preferably ur desktop with winrar or 7zip or any other extracting programs
Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4670 3.4GHz
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770 2GB