Persona 4 Lag Problems
Well, I know this probably has been talked about here, but I'm having some weird instability with Persona 4, having Lag against random enemies, like Gold Hands and the Amorous Snake. Any ideas on how to remove this? Any help would be appreciated! Laugh

GPU: AMD Radeon 6670 HD 1GB
CPU: AMD FX-6100 6 Core
8 GB of RAM

Sponsored links

That's normal. Those particular mobs are extremely demanding to render. Also your CPU is bulldozer and that means it has weak single thread performance. I would advise you to overclock it if you are comfortable.

But as far as the slowdown, ive heard about it a lot. That's just how it is it seems.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-26-2014, 02:02 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: That's normal. Those particular mobs are extremely demanding to render. Also your CPU is bulldozer and that means it has weak single thread performance. I would advise you to overclock it if you are comfortable.

But as far as the slowdown, ive heard about it a lot. That's just how it is it seems.

I knew it had a weak single thread, might try overclocking it. Thanks for the tip.

Also, the slowdown is like 15 FPS at times.
EDIT: Overclocking didn't change the FPS.
Best way to solve it is to press F9 in software mode, it probably still slow down a bit, but it should be playable. After the battle just change it back with another F9
(02-26-2014, 02:05 AM)Kyat Wrote: I knew it had a weak single thread, might try overclocking it. Thanks for the tip.

Also, the slowdown is like 15 FPS at times.
EDIT: Overclocking didn't change the FPS.

What's your EE and VU percentages when a slowdown occurs? It's shown in the title bar when in windowed mode.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(02-26-2014, 05:22 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: Best way to solve it is to press F9 in software mode, it probably still slow down a bit, but it should be playable. After the battle just change it back with another F9

That fixed the problem for the most part, only chugs when I use Ma- spells and those specific enemies that cause lag are weak to it. Thank you.
np Smile I had this issue with my older computer (One before this one) aswell and software mode was one of the few tricks that made me come through.