Persona 4(NTSC) Game Freezing issues.
Hello, ran into an issue with Persona 4. Game was smooth and no problems/hangups till I hit Shadow Yukiko at the end of the first dungeon. Once the battle actually starts, I can attack with 2 characters before the game freezes on me. Specs/settings inc.

PC: Core i5 2500k(running at 3.7Ghz)/460GTX(1GB)/8GB DDR3 ram.

PCSX2 0.9.8
Automatic Game Fixes On
GSDx: 4600 SSE41 0.1.16
Native Resolution x3, Texture Filtering On
SPU2-X: 1.4.0

A few things I tried:
Enabled/disabled Recommended Speedhacks
Changed Rounding modes to NEGATIVE

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

That's strange...anything on the log at the time of the crash?
Give the latest SVN a try: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
[Image: newsig.jpg]
No Error messages from the log that I see. Just me trying different settings before I rebooted and tried again.

Can I import saves from 0.9.8 to the latest SVN somehow?
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any kind of error on the log window when you get the problem?

Try with the speedhacks disabled andthe round modes set to their defaults and from your last memory card save in case you've been using save states.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-29-2011, 12:49 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Any kind of error on the log window when you get the problem?

Try with the speedhacks disabled andthe round modes set to their defaults and from your last memory card save in case you've been using save states.

Tried disabling speedhacks/default round modes and loading from the last save before I posted, no good Sad

I should add that the game was running fine before then; I was alot further in the fight at one point but messed up so I loaded from a savestate I had right before the boss engaged. Once I reloaded this state the freezes began. Ever since then I have been loading the memory card save.

PCSX2 Settings were listed, umm I can try and be more precise? Sorry if I can do better ><

Are you using the UNDUB version?
(10-29-2011, 01:07 AM)andutrache Wrote: Are you using the UNDUB version?

Yes, is this bad?
Yep the undub is known to cause problems. Play off the original disc.
(10-29-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: Yep the undub is known to cause problems. Play off the original disc.

Bleh yeah, I figured out how to import the save to 0.9.9 and it still crashes Sad

Well this blows Sad Don't suppose anyone has gotten it to work or any further ideas before I move on?

If you hate english/love japanese voices soo much, you can play through the crash points using disc, and continue the rest with your modded iso, but you'll need to use normal saves as the "crash elements" are most likely saved with savestates. It's possible it'll have like 1 or 2 errors in pcsx2 through whole game, but it can crash every 5 minute as well, and that'll not be fixed from pcsx2 side at least not intentionally. Don't expect much support for problems happening with modded games.