Persona 4 Problems
Ok so I've gotten several other games to emulate well, but Persona 4 is posing a lot of problems.

The first problem I tried to fix was the drunken laggy sound, but in doing so I ended up causing a crash. I can start the game fine and the opening video plays smoothly, but when I load my quicksave the game crashes within seconds. It may be because I am in a classroom scene which I have heard cause problems.

My specs and settings are as follows I could really use some help.
Computer
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9000 2.00 ghz
6 gb RAM
64 bit Vista Service Pack 2
9800 Geforce graphics card
Updated DirectX

GSdx 1538 0.1.15
640x480
Direct3d 10 Hardware
Blend bff
Stretch
ZeroSPU2 r1455 0.4.6
CPU set to limit
Also it says my CPU speed is 1997 MHZ

Sponsored links

Your CPU is on the slow side so it's not unexpected that you'd get slowdowns. That said, savestates are not always stable/safe. If you have an emulation problem and savestate, that problem will persist. That is why you should always use regular memory card saves besides savestates (doing both instead of either/or).
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-17-2009, 02:40 AM)Koji Wrote: Your CPU is on the slow side so it's not unexpected that you'd get slowdowns. That said, savestates are not always stable/safe. If you have an emulation problem and savestate, that problem will persist. That is why you should always use regular memory card saves besides savestates (doing both instead of either/or).

I'm not to the point in Persona 4 where there are memory card save points, but I'll try restarting and getting to one.

As for my CPU I was under the impression that Core 2 Quad was a powerful CPU. Is there anything I can do to increase the performance of it and would that prevent my slowdown problems?
The architecture is quite strong, but the individual processor is not. 2 ghz is not a large or fast number as far as PCs go. If a program is fully able to take advantage of all 4 cores, it can still be a very nice processor. Things like video editing will take full advantage and work great on that processor. That said, PCSX2 is optimized for dual cores and thus can't in any meaningful way take advantage of 2 of your cores. The recommended system is a 3.2ghz dual core or higher processor, at 2ghz you're processor is well below that.

The only thing you can do for your computer is to either try overclocking (and if it's a laptop, you won't get anywhere with that option) or try the various speed hacks to see if you can't tweak some more speed out of it. Unfortunately PCSX2 is very very heavily CPU dependent because of the nature of emulating the playstation 2 system.
[Image: 2748844.png]
What classroom scene do you mean?
Never had any problems with P4. Only some crazy texture bugs (hardware mode), but no crashes and stuff Ohmy
Many games running full speed. o.O
Win XP SP3
Intel C2D E5200 @ 3,125 Ghz
2 GB RAM @ 800 Mhz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670

Weeeiiiird Laugh