Persona 4-Slowness
My comp was running Persona 4 at about 30-40 fps during gameplay earlier. I can smoothly run G Gen Wars. What settings should I use?

Laptop

AMD Turion Neo X2 L625 1.6 Ghz
4 Gigs of Ram
512MB ATI Radeon Graphics 3410

Sponsored links

New computer. Sorry :-(/
That CPU is way too slow to get persona 4 running full speed. I had problems keeping it full speed on an X2 at 2.8ghz especially during certain enemies.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Actually I think there might be a prob with FPS limiting in Persona 4.

I'm posting it here rather than in the bug section since I'd like to get some feedback.

I'm running Win7, Rad 4870 (xXx edition)1GB, 4GB 1333mhz ram, phenom 2 720 BE ~ 3.3 ghz (tri-core). Using latest 'beta package' (r1888).

I've got my frame skip setup to process 1 frame and skip 2 when it goes below 50 FPS. Instead of doing this, in particular areas (possibly increased particle effects?) the game just slows down.

How do I know my PC is not limiting it?

If I hit F4 to turn the frame limiter options off, the game runs at super speed and even faster than normal thru these 'taxing' bits.
Frame skipping doesnt really play well in most cases, the next mode from hitting F4 doesnt do the frame skipping which looks smoother but doesnt keep the speed at the normal PS2 speed with your machine. You shouldnt really need frameskipping much, just regular frame limit.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-08-2009, 09:44 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Frame skipping doesnt really play well in most cases, the next mode from hitting F4 doesnt do the frame skipping which looks smoother but doesnt keep the speed at the normal PS2 speed with your machine. You shouldnt really need frameskipping much, just regular frame limit.

Something I forgot to mention was, when Persona 4 does slow down, in the title bar of the window, it still says 60.00fps (100%).

I rely on F4 (now bound to a joypad button heh) to get me thru the depressingly slow parts of the game.
Are you using speedhacks? they can cause that sometimes.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-08-2009, 10:08 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Are you using speedhacks? they can cause that sometimes.

Aha you're a genius. I had the VU cycle stealing slider at half-way.

It seems (<hugo impression>) that persona 4 responds more postively to a solitary notch on the VU cycle stealing slider.
Wrong, it like all other games, responds well to NO speedhacks. They ALL cause issues, some more, some less.
Hence all the warnings and notices (no one ever reads ><).
(11-08-2009, 10:44 PM)rama Wrote: Wrong, it like all other games, responds well to NO speedhacks. They ALL cause issues, some more, some less.
Hence all the warnings and notices (no one ever reads ><).

Well I hope that boosted your esteem for the evening. Or maybe you transferred a little anger because I didn't conform to the subset of behaviors you believe all human beings should conform to?

Actually I found a point in the game I know to lag and with some trial and error used 'some' speed hacks to get it working stably and at the normal fps.

I don't see why the post suddenly had to degenerate into a pissing contest / criticism party aside from some sort of personal issues.

I've searched this forum a lot more than I've posted on it. Have I missed a few things scan-reading from time to time? Certainly I'm sure. Do I understand absolutely everything that is said? Not always no.