Persona 4 Undub subtitles cut off
I'm trying to get persona 4 undub running with a widescreen patch and it all works fine, except in the FMVs the subtitles are cut off.

This is what it should look like according to Youtube: http://i64.tinypic.com/2u73ped.jpg
This is what it looks like for me: http://i66.tinypic.com/2hxrtkg.jpg

I'm using GSD10, Direct3d11 with standard settings. Resolution is set to 16:9. I'm getting the same results with or without widescreen enabled. Any idea what is causing this?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
In folder "cheat_ws", open pnach files associated at games Persona4 (CRC number appears on console at startup of games), then remove this of file:

//FMV's fix by nemesis2000
patch=1,EE,004766ac,word,1460000a
patch=1,EE,004766b4,word,3c03c294
patch=1,EE,004766b8,word,10000008
patch=1,EE,004766bc,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,004766d8,word,3c03c1a8
patch=1,EE,004766ec,word,00000000
Thank you very much, that fixed it!
Sorry to have to bump such an old Thread, but I have the same issue. But my cheat_ws folder is empty

Ive found the file (DEDC3B71.pnach) that is meant and the lines in the cheat_ws.zip in the main directory and editited it out there. still wont work.
I tried a bunch of stuff to fix these cutscenes, I tried the option to 4:3 when a cutscene plays still this issue.
I tried putting the pbach file in the cheat and cheat_ws directories from the start.
still nothing
Im using the newest 1.5.0 version and I dont have any PCSX2 folder in /my documents.
Is it possible that the pcsx2 version still gets their pbach lines from somewhere else? maybe a prevoius istallment of the emulator?

Ill start with this bug now...... Please someone help.
Where can I edit the default widescreen patches and remove those lines, Im going insane
You could just use this YT playlist. Persona 4 only has like 40 mins of animated cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...HFAEpJsbRk

These are English-dubbed with no subtitles, but you should know English already if you're using this forum.

Whenever a new FMV appears, just refer to this playlist (bookmark it if you want). Just be careful not to spoil yourself and don't view any cutscenes you haven't seen-in game.
I just wanted to post a fix in here to the person that still has the problem when not having the cheats_ws folder stuff. If your console says (cheats) XX or not, but also says (fixes)=1 this should work for you. Go into the video menu and enable manual fixes then disable automatic fixes in the file menu. When you reboot the game it should show only whatever cheats you have on, if any, or nothing at all fixes or otherwise. The subtitles are now showing properly. I am not sure what the automatic fix was so I don't know what effect it will have on the game, but it seems it was breaking the subtitles in the FMVs. Will report any problems.
(04-16-2017, 08:10 PM)Caleron Wrote: I just wanted to post a fix in here to the person that still has the problem when not having the cheats_ws folder stuff. If your console says (cheats) XX or not, but also says (fixes)=1 this should work for you. Go into the video menu and enable manual fixes then disable automatic fixes in the file menu. When you reboot the game it should show only whatever cheats you have on, if any, or nothing at all fixes or otherwise. The subtitles are now showing properly. I am not sure what the automatic fix was so I don't know what effect it will have on the game, but it seems it was breaking the subtitles in the FMVs. Will report any problems.

Thanks for sharing the solution, it worked.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go