Persona 4 Unstable FPS Issue
(05-21-2010, 09:22 PM)CKL Wrote: You are using Windows XP, Vista or 7?
and You are using GSDX 2693 or 1873 as graphic plugin?
In GSDX configuration, you are using Direct3D 10 hardware?
In cpu, check if you have frame limiting set to limit

Do you have your video card updated to the latest driver?
What area you are in that causes that drop of fps?
Your game version is Pal or NTSC?

IIRC, NTSC seems to run fine, and I am not sure about Pal. If you happen to have NTSC-U, you can upload the save and I can try it out. I played mine using ps2, so I am not sure how the game is run exactly in pcsx2. Some others suggest that there are certain areas that may cause slow down though I am not sure what areas.

1. 7, 64 bit
2. Mine only shows Direct3D 9 Hardware Blink CPU are at limit.

3. DirectX 11
4. Actually, it both drops and heightens (it affects the sound as well). It mostly happens in the opening animation and in reqular fights (It can also happen when I'm just walking around in Junes, Shopping District, the school, or the residence, but that rarely happens).

5. NTSC

Before the error messages started showing, it never became unbalanced.

Sponsored links

Try updating your directx to the latest version becuase the one comes with windows is not up-to-date. Then, you should be able to see direct3d 10/11 ( if you have direct3d 10/11 , use it, if you have direct3d10 and direct3d 11 separated, use direct3d10). Directx 10 tends to be more stable and faster. You will probably get a more stable speed.

If you have wait VSync on in gsdx, be sure to turn it off.

edit: I just tested mine, and using gsdx 2693 ( the one comes with the March plugin pack, can be found in the download section) my fps varies between 105 to 115 fps under direct3d 10 and 92 to 105 under direct3d 9, so it appears that dx 10 runs faster for this game, for the opening animation anyway.

Tested with gsdx 1873, pretty much the same result.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
(05-22-2010, 12:16 AM)CKL Wrote: Try updating your directx to the latest version becuase the one comes with windows is not up-to-date. Then, you should be able to see direct3d 10/11 ( if you have direct3d 10/11 , use it, if you have direct3d10 and direct3d 11 separated, use direct3d10). Directx 10 tends to be more stable and faster. You will probably get a more stable speed.

If you have wait VSync on in gsdx, be sure to turn it off.

edit: I just tested mine, and using gsdx 2693 ( the one comes with the March plugin pack, can be found in the download section) my fps varies between 105 to 115 fps under direct3d 10 and 92 to 105 under direct3d 9, so it appears that dx 10 runs faster for this game, for the opening animation anyway.

Tested with gsdx 1873, pretty much the same result.

I'll try those things you suggested. I still find it very unusual that the first days I played it went smoothly and then just overnight it went crazy.
try my settings if it helps

my specs:
pentium dualcore 2.6ghz
gpu: nvidia geforce 9400gt 1gb
2g ram
emulator version:
0.9.6 *rocks*

my settings as of now, this is stable 60fps constant@ 100%

graphics: gsdx 890 ssse3 0.1.14.."if your cpu supports ssse3"

bios : usa 2.00
cpu: all enbled
frame limiting : limit *i think you need this if its unstable*