Persona 4 and Persona 3 FES Bottleneck?
I know it's a typical thread, but Persona 4 works great in my PC... until it freezes with no reason. I think it's a bottleneck, but it makes no sense cause my PC don't work so hard when this happens. And this only happens with Persona 4 and Persona 3 FES. I beated Kingdom Hearts I & II and played FF X and DB Z Budokai 3 with no problems.

I use Pcsx2 0.9.7 r4917

My specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570

My configuration and plugins are below. (sorry, it's in spanish) I didn't take a snapshot, so I'll explain it. When both games freeezes, EE reaches 0% and GS 100%.
It's so annoying that in the final battle it freezes for no apparent reason.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Turn off all your speedhacks and try again, they are known to cause problems so this will be the first thing i would say to try.

however the whole GS 100% thing does sound rather scary
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-12-2011, 06:26 PM)refraction Wrote: Turn off all your speedhacks and try again, they are known to cause problems so this will be the first thing i would say to try.

however the whole GS 100% thing does sound rather scary

Wow... I turn off the speedhacks and now the game works really fluently, about 45-60 real FPS. Im very surprised. Smile But it sounds veeeery slow... actually, speedhacks slow down the game and displays false FPS, (as I said, the game works better without them) but it sounds good. Odd.

Why is this, man? Wacko
Thats due to your processor Tongue the "MTVU" speedhack might help a little with that. Also the recommended speedhacks shouldnt cause any issues, just try to avoid the sliders Tongue If you MUST try the sliders, put the VU slider up 1 notch, no more!

Well, I changed my sound plugin from SPU-X 2.0 to ZeroSPU2 r4909-Dev 0.4.6 and sounds good. When FPS are slower than 55 sometimes sounds twice, (e.g, Teddie saying ''Be-be careful!'') but I guess that's the better I can run it.

Thanks, man. Now Im gonna try Persona 3 FES. Laugh

EDIT: O.O Both The Journey and The Anwser work amazingly great except the double sound issue sometimes, of course. A scene that had 45 FPS now has 60-55. Man, now I can really enjoy these games. Laugh I think you can lock this. Wink
Im afraid your speed boost came from the disabling of "timestretch" which is in there to smooth your sound out regardless of the game speed, else you get the doubled up sounds you are getting. Timestretching can be enabled in the zerospu2 options.

I see... but I don't see any timestrech option. There's only 5 options, and one is for precisely sync the sound with the speed's game. xD

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You should probably change your SPU2 plugin for SPU2-X for better sounds anyway, but in ZeroSPU2 which you're using, that option is named Time Scaling.

Edit: Aw I'm sleepy;P, just noticed you changed spu2 plugins couse ZeroSPU2 is better for you here, anyway the option is time scaling.
(09-12-2011, 09:21 PM)miseru99 Wrote: You should probably change your SPU2 plugin for SPU2-X for better sounds anyway, but in ZeroSPU2 which you're using, that option is named Time Scaling.

Edit: Aw I'm sleepy;P, just noticed you changed spu2 plugins couse ZeroSPU2 is better for you here, anyway the option is time scaling.

Ugh... it sounds even worse if I enable that. That 'double-sound' sounds multiple times now. Oh, and Gigaherz's SPU2 has that time streching option, but works even worse than ZeroSPU2 with that option disabled and enabled.
You might want to try SPU2-X and selecting Async Mix in Synchronizing mode
[Image: newsig.jpg]