Persona 4 cheat gone wrong
I hope this is the right place, if not, I apologize in advance. I've been playing Persona 4, I was an idiot with saves and lost some progress, so I decided to use a cheat and save myself the couple hours of grinding I lost. I found a cheat that was supposed to give 8x the xp in battle. It worked, but the issue is, every cheat included was activated despite me only removing the // for the 2 I wanted. I didn't realize this at first, but now my stats (knowledge, courage, etc) are maxed. Realizing this has kinda ruined the game for me, so is there any way to edit the values back to something closer? I really don't want to start the game over at this point. I will include the cheat I used as an attachment if anyone is curious.

Sponsored links

Some cheats are overall hardcoded and kinda hard to remove, I had done this once or twice myself and even though I was angry at myself I restarted my own game.
That sucks. I can see how this would ruin the playthrough. I'd start from scratch. It's a great game.
Yeah, looks like I'm going to restart. I tried poking around in cheat engine, but I couldn't find the values for these stats. Thanks anyway guys.
(06-12-2019, 05:06 AM)usernamehere1234 Wrote: Yeah, looks like I'm going to restart. I tried poking around in cheat engine, but I couldn't find the values for these stats. Thanks anyway guys.

Here are the codes for those Slink stats:

S link stats

Max Courage
107973F4 000001F4

Max Knowledge
107973F6 000001F4

Max Diligence
107973F8 000001F4

Max Understanding
107973FA 000001F4

Max Expression
107973FC 000001F4

You should be able to change the the 1F4 (500)values to something like 64 (100) and hopefully be able to raise them up normally. Obviously need to convert for the pnach file
(06-12-2019, 05:54 AM)Rebel521 Wrote: Here are the codes for those Slink stats:

S link stats

Max Courage
107973F4 000001F4

Max Knowledge
107973F6 000001F4

Max Diligence
107973F8 000001F4

Max Understanding
107973FA 000001F4

Max Expression
107973FC 000001F4

You should be able to change the the 1F4 (500)values to something like 64 (100) and hopefully be able to raise them up normally. Obviously need to convert for the pnach file
Oh, thanks! I'll see what I can do with these. This was my first (and probably last) attempt at using these cheats, so there's a lot I don't quite understand yet. Thanks for spelling it out for me, lol
I'll update after I give it a try, in case anyone else runs into this issue or similar ones.
(06-12-2019, 06:45 AM)usernamehere1234 Wrote: Oh, thanks! I'll see what I can do with these. This was my first (and probably last) attempt at using these cheats, so there's a lot I don't quite understand yet. Thanks for spelling it out for me, lol
I'll update after I give it a try, in case anyone else runs into this issue or similar ones.

One other thought had occurred to me; when I first got my PCSX2 I tried changing the pnach in the cheat folder in the installation location (for me the desktop). 

It didn't work and I had to check around a little before I found out that the game reads the pnach file in the Documents->my documents->PCSX2->cheats folder. I'm using 1.40 btw.

So make sure you are editing the pnach file in the correct folder. You probably are, just covering all the bases lol.
Okay so, I attempted to edit the original cheat file to see if any of the values would change in game. No luck with that.
I also attempted to make my own pnach with these values, to no avail. I'm either doing something wrong (most likely) or the values cannot be easily lowered after they were raised. I will do more research to see what I could be missing later. I found a thread about creating my own file that I can go over when I have some more free time, it likely can tell me what I'm doing wrong.