[Persona 4] color slowdown
[Image: glowing01.jpg]

take a look at the monster's body

[Image: glowing02.jpg]

take a look at the monster's armband, pants, and shoes

both have some kind of 'weird' coloring, these coloring causes massive slowdown on the PCSX2 0.9.8 performance.. anyone can give advice? i also have tried using the Persona gamefixes, it doesn't affect this problem at all

here is my GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r4600] settings

[Image: settings.jpg]
[Image: specifications.jpg]

Sponsored links

un-tick or disable the Allow 8-bit Texture in GSDX. It may be buggy at times. Also, use SuperVU Recompiler in the VU Sections. If nothing works disable speedhacks if using or use an older version of GSDX. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?

BTW you should change your plugin to the GSdx SSE4 version.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-08-2011, 12:44 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?

BTW you should change your plugin to the GSdx SSE4 version.

i haven't checked it, but i think it also went haywire, something like above 70-90% for EE and around 40 - 50 % for GS checked and data is on the next post

i will check this later, i've posted this issue on other forum as well, and they say it has something to do with rendering pipeline, though i don't understand what it means, and it also happen in other games such as FF XII and Persona 3

btw i've tried SSE4 in both software and hardware mode. Hardware doesn't make much difference (so far), but software mode is very bad..
i've tried the same situation again, and EE went to 30% and GS to 50%

does it give any information to what is the problem?
Graphic card being the slowdown apparently, try enabling frameskip (shift+f4 while playing) if it works it'll be much choppier to play tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i'll test it out later, for another information another user 'tried' those monsters too, he got similar result with these engine

Core i7 2600K 4.2GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz
AMD Radeon HD6870 Vapor-X
Samsung 24" Widescreen 1920x1200
Realtek HD 7.1
Klipsch 5.1 Surround Sound
Samsung 6X BD-ROM
WD 1TB + 2TB Black
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

-edited-

i don't know what went wrong but enabling frame skip completely breaks the game, the screen goes black but the sound still plays normal, disabling it still keeps the screen black
this bump is for people who needed assistance in 'solving' the related problem with Persona 4, since the more game goes on, more enemies is using the glowing particle effects (sort of). The problem will get worser since even with EE and GS both at 1-5% , FPS drops to 5 - 10 FPS.

since it looks like a lot of people also encounter this problem (such as this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Off-fps-d...of-enemies ) i can only help by giving advice to manipulate some configuration for the speedhack (mine works by making all of them into max)
try disable/don't use Allow 8-bit Texture & Alpha correction(FBA).
on speed hack check option that has recommended.
Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB
^also tried, doesn't work either, it doesn't even affect FPS at all, and both EE and GS are still on low % (somewhere between 20 to 60%). doest that mean CPU and GPU doesn't work very hard, but for some reason the FPS is incredibly low?