Persona 4 groundhog effect
I decided to put in the cheat that repeats the day until it is turned off. It worked fine, but when I disabled it, it didn't disable. I set pcsx2 to disable cheats, and even took the pnatch completely out of the folder. It still didn't help. Now I am stuck continuously repeating the same day over and over. Is there any way to fix this? Also, just so you know, I know almost nothing about coding or anything like that.

Sponsored links

Well looking at those codes:
Code:
//Day Repeater (L3 Redo day -- R3 Do next Day)
//#Make sure u Turn this on or off Befor an Event like a Social Link. The game likes to change the day Randomly
patch=1,EE,D08C0142,extended,0000FFFD
patch=1,EE,20106304,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,D08C0142,extended,0000FFFB
patch=1,EE,20106304,extended,A4647B84
It's made with a key activation for exactly this reason you have problem nowTongue.

The codes starting of D are those conditions to run the code during keypress, so the code itself basically patches the adress 0x20106304 to 0 to repeat days or patches the same adress to 0xA4647B84 to get them going normally again.
Soo dunno really with which version of the game you have the problem as the codes I posted were made for US version and I didn't really tested if those key activation codes work couse some of them aren't;p, but either use a code with deactivation button or patch the adress to initial value if you just want to forget about it or swap codes manually, for US version it would be as simple as:
Code:
//disable code for day repeater
patch=1,EE,20106304,extended,A4647B84
If your version is different, just replace the first number in ^this which is the adress with the one from your activating code.

But to begin with it's very doubtful for the game to save such data to begin with, hence you could probably also simply save the game normally(not using savestates, as our belowed savestates are more or less a full memory dump and preserve all cheats which game doesn't refresh and even glitches/bugs) then restarting emulation and loading that normally made save:].
Ok so, the top code is the one I was using, but the bottom code didn't work, and I'm not sure what you were saying about replacing the first number with the activating code. Also, I have been saving the game normally lol. I honestly forgot you could use save states Tongue2.
So, will I have to start over or is there something that I am not understanding from what you have said?
Erm if you activated this day repeat mode with exactly the first code I posted you should be able to disable it(with this code still activated) by pressing R3. I didn't really used this code while playing the game before, but I tested it now and it works as planned, L3 turns it ON, R3 turns it OFF through by replacing the 0x20106304 adress with either 0 or A4647B84. The code doesn't work everyday and sometimes it still pass the day normally even when the code is activated, but I see no reason how it could still work while being deactivated unless you have other codes that patch the same adress to 0 making the disable part totally useless;].

If R3 doesn't disable the code for you with this code activated, try pressing it a bit longer instead of just tapping the key. And make note PCSX2 doesn't really activate the codes while selecting "Enable Cheats", you still have to refresh gui after that by either restarting pcsx2 or using any workaround like moving a slider in pcsx2 log saving/loading state etc. so don't be suprised R3 does nothing if you just enabled that code and expected it to work instantly.

If you think your game corrupted, which well is always possible with cheats then possibly you will have to start over, dunno without seeing the savegame myself;p. Imo biggest reason persona games are fun are their replayability caused by lack of time to see everything, hence this code isn't really soo fun on the long run to begin with.
Or pause then resume seems to work for me aswell Smile
So if you save (not save state) and restart the game (which you lose no progress) the cheat still is there? Or are you using save states? Because if you are, then that is why the cheat may be lingering.
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(05-07-2013, 05:12 PM)jlwmanagement Wrote: So if you save (not save state) and restart the game (which you lose no progress) the cheat still is there? Or are you using save states? Because if you are, then that is why the cheat may be lingering.

This, use a standard memory card save (if possible, some days don't allow you access), close the emu, double check that cheats are off, then load from the memory card.

In general, if you're going to use cheats, you should avoid using (or at least relying on) savestates.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I've already played the game through a couple of times, and at this point I just want to see all of the links through to the end (i know I could just youtube it but meh). I've held R3 down, and that is the only code that I used. I did not use save states because I had forgotten about them, and actually prefer to use the save points in game. Since there is not really a simple way to fix it, I'll just start over. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
(05-09-2013, 10:13 PM)strife98 Wrote: I've already played the game through a couple of times, and at this point I just want to see all of the links through to the end (i know I could just youtube it but meh). I've held R3 down, and that is the only code that I used. I did not use save states because I had forgotten about them, and actually prefer to use the save points in game. Since there is not really a simple way to fix it, I'll just start over. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

I was able to fix the exact same issue by activating the cheat and pressing R3 for a long time many times, also change the day holding R3, after some tries it worked.