Persona 4 issues?
Hello, I'm new here. Therefore, I'd like to first say that if any of my questions or concerns belong somewhere else or have been answered elsewhere, please notify me, as I have read all the rules and regulations, but obviously cannot check every question that has been submitted.
Anyhow, I have completed the download, configuration and everything else for PCSX2 and I have the Persona 4 disc. My computer does play such discs, but the emulator doesn't register it. Every time I hit "Boot Disc", it brings up the PlayStation screen for Configuration and checking the memory cards. No disc is registered, and it will not play. On my actual PlayStation 2, Persona 4 works fine, no issues. It will not work on the emulator. I've read other questions regarding Persona 4, but all of them have to do with the game function or the gameplay and so far, I've come across nothing of others having issues actually getting it to run in the first place. Can someone please help me perhaps figure out a way to get Persona to run? I've tried most of the general fixes that have been listed, but it hasn't changed the outcome. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

(I have also tried multiple different versions of PCSX2, starting from the original version in which Persona 4 is listed for compatibility purposes: version 1.0.0. I've done this all the way up to the latest version, and no changes have occurred. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the programs, making sure everything was deleted before a clean install of the next version and putting the BIOS back on. I don't know if this helps inform any, but I did it.)

Sponsored links

Under CDVD change it from ISO to Plugin.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-26-2014, 05:18 AM)sleeplessSaturn Wrote: Hello, I'm new here. Therefore, I'd like to first say that if any of my questions or concerns belong somewhere else or have been answered elsewhere, please notify me, as I have read all the rules and regulations, but obviously cannot check every question that has been submitted.
Anyhow, I have completed the download, configuration and everything else for PCSX2 and I have the Persona 4 disc. My computer does play such discs, but the emulator doesn't register it. Every time I hit "Boot Disc", it brings up the PlayStation screen for Configuration and checking the memory cards. No disc is registered, and it will not play. On my actual PlayStation 2, Persona 4 works fine, no issues. It will not work on the emulator. I've read other questions regarding Persona 4, but all of them have to do with the game function or the gameplay and so far, I've come across nothing of others having issues actually getting it to run in the first place. Can someone please help me perhaps figure out a way to get Persona to run? I've tried most of the general fixes that have been listed, but it hasn't changed the outcome. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

(I have also tried multiple different versions of PCSX2, starting from the original version in which Persona 4 is listed for compatibility purposes: version 1.0.0. I've done this all the way up to the latest version, and no changes have occurred. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the programs, making sure everything was deleted before a clean install of the next version and putting the BIOS back on. I don't know if this helps inform any, but I did it.)

You should rip your disc to an .iso file using Imgburn.
And if you want to play from a disc, select the CDVD tab, and choose Plugin.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]