Persona 4, major slow down
It might be my system, but after asking in IRC, i figured I would post it here.

Game: Persona 4
Area: Void Quest 3-4
Problem:
There is a certain mob in this dungeon that drops my FPS dramatically. I go from 60fps to 30fps instantly with these things, and only these mobs, everything else i still get a solid 60(50 in battle without speedhacks).

I believe the problem to be the lamps that they carry. When i knock them down using their weakness their lamps disappear, my FPS picks right back up to 60.

My Specs:
C2D T7300 2.0ghz
Geforce 8400m GS

PCSX2 Settings:
R1888 version
Microvu 1: On
MicroVu 2: On

SpeedHacks:
All on. 1.5x speed. 3rd Nitch for cycle steal
(Tried it with them all off as well. And it dropped even more frames)

GSDX 2199. DX10, Native.

I think that should cover all areas of needed info. If I missed something, lemme know.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs

Sponsored links

Not a bug report, Moved.

These as well as other mobs are really slow in persona games try enabling/disabling the "allow 8-bit textures" option in GSdx but the most probable thing is you wont get much of a speedup with that graphics card.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Sorry to bring this thread back up but I've been playing Persona 4 for some time now and I also encountered this issue recently and figured I should ask some of the experts here.

The game works like a charm for me most of the time (FPS between 50 and 60) except for when I run into these kind of mobs and 1 or 2 bosses.
MY FPS drastically drop (from 55-60 down to 25-35) when I encounter these "white enemies", it happens with every white enemy in the game, not just the birds. I want to know if a solution has been provided yet.

I'm using the PCSX2 0.9.8 version and using preset speedhacks at level 3 (balanced). The EE varies from 55%-65% and GS from 13% to around 18% when it slows down. Also, I don't think overclocking is an option, since I'm afraid my processor might burn down if I try it.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 820QM 1.73GHz (3.06GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)
RAM: 8GB, DDR3, 1333MHz
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 - 1GB
(08-13-2011, 04:05 AM)Zernell Wrote: Sorry to bring this thread back up but I've been playing Persona 4 for some time now and I also encountered this issue recently and figured I should ask some of the experts here.

The game works like a charm for me most of the time (FPS between 50 and 60) except for when I run into these kind of mobs and 1 or 2 bosses.
MY FPS drastically drop (from 55-60 down to 25-35) when I encounter these "white enemies", it happens with every white enemy in the game, not just the birds. I want to know if a solution has been provided yet.

I'm using the PCSX2 0.9.8 version and using preset speedhacks at level 3 (balanced). The EE varies from 55%-65% and GS from 13% to around 18% when it slows down. Also, I don't think overclocking is an option, since I'm afraid my processor might burn down if I try it.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Here are my specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7 820QM 1.73GHz (3.06GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache)
RAM: 8GB, DDR3, 1333MHz
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 - 1GB

Deactive the preset active the hacks, and put EE to 2, and leave VU to 1, if u use 2 or 3 ur only gonna have fake fps in this game, check all but the cdvd hack in the same tab(int, loop and dont remember the others), change the clamp modes of EE/IOP and VU to none, and use native in resolution(maybe u can use 2x) u can even use the new svn and use fxaa to "fake" some quality in da game with native resolution.

cheers o/

ps btw next time make a new post ^^