Persona 4 plays smoothly on PCSX2!?
I posted a thread about my problems while playing P4 on PCSX2, but it got closed... My fault though and I apologize.

OKAY! Onto the topic.

I was tweaking the settings to almost everything suggested by other users. But nothing happens so I just returned it all to default leaving the speedhack EE to 2.

I got bored and start to virus check my laptop -just want to be safe, I admit I'm paranoid- I did a full system scan. While the scan was ongoing I checked my CPU usage and it didn't exceed 30% of usage so I tried to run applications and see if I can run others without lag, so then and then-this and that I got to the point that I ran the emulator and funny...
While scanning there wasn't any lag. Maybe now and then but it's like playing using the PS2 with the game disc having a few scratches... But still it's smooth- and I can actually do turbo mode without the skipping and SUPER lag~
Another thing, when the virus scan stopped -didn't have any viruses!- the lag came back again. So I started another. -took about 2 hours to finish the first scan so I was actually able to play smoothly for 2 hours Happy-

I thought that the emu works smoothly when there's other process going on so I tried archiving BIG files and it was the same - lag occurs more often though-.

What do you think guys? Does it really affect or it's something else?

Sponsored links

Persona 4

Your thread got closed because of a simple reason as you used a downloaded game that is simply known as piracy which is prohibited. So you won't get support for that game.

taintedmaiden13 Wrote:I thought that the emu works smoothly when there's other process going on so I tried archiving BIG files and it was the same - lag occurs more often though-.

lol makes me laugh. Tongue2 How can a Emulator run perfectly when there other process going on. Each process eats up CPU and GPU. lol And so its quite normal to have pcsx2 even slower. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
[
Quote:Your thread got closed because of a simple reason as you used a downloaded game that is simply known as piracy which is prohibited. So you won't get support for that game.

Yeah, I know~ Bad thing I was an idiot and... well THAT. >_<"

Quote:lol makes me laugh. Tongue2 How can a Emulator run perfectly when there other process going on. Each process eats up CPU and GPU. lol And so its quite normal to have pcsx2 even slower. Tongue2

Yeah that's what I thought too~ I was like... OMG...Blink

I was like a noob and thought maybe... Just maybe, my laptop can run other programs while a full system scan was going on -since others can't-. I actually tried all the programs that I have... And that's what I got. LOL- Even being a noob has it's advantages in some way~ Laugh

And also, I ran my task manager and my CPU usage didn't exceed 50% it just goes up down up down, not exceeding. Funny... When the emu is CPU dependent right? -or am I wrong... >_<"
It depends on the game you are trying to play.

anyways you don't get support for that game. nor you can talk about it in forums or ask help unless you buy that game.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-19-2011, 09:32 AM)recoder Wrote: It depends on the game you are trying to play.

anyways you don't get support for that game. nor you can talk about it in forums or ask help unless you buy that game.

Yehp. I know- Just asking about the emu and how other processes affect it. Happy