Persona 4 shadows
Playing Persona 4 on the 1.0.0 release, and its playable completely perfectly, aside from some annoying shadow issues and weird graphical things. The player shadows look cut off, and other shadow are in the completely wrong place. Also sometimes there looks to be a set of colorful lines across the screen, if I close the emu and reopen it this goes away though, for a while.

All of the settings are on the default except for EE Cyclerate on 2, and the MTVU speedhack checked. Also using GSDX10 with 4x Multisampling

[Image: 81Bhi.jpg]

Sponsored links

Kinda weird because I don't have that bug. What are your specs? Also try disabling speedhacks. And have you tried GSdx9?
there is a fix in gamefixes tab under settings, that should fox your problem

[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_GameFixes.png]
(08-10-2012, 01:33 AM)warWeeny Wrote: there is a fix in gamefixes tab under settings, that should fox your problem

If System=>Automatic gamefixes is enabled(which is enabled by default),that fix is already applied
(08-10-2012, 01:40 AM)vsub Wrote: If System=>Automatic gamefixes is enabled(which is enabled by default),that fix is already applied

Isn't that gamefix irrelevant on default settings (which uses MicroVU) (enable this anyway as automatic gamefixes includes game-specific patches that aren't available in the gamefixes menu).

As suggested, try without gamefixes (especially cyclerate) as they can cause bugs.

Also can you post a screen shot of your plugin selection screen.

The picture reminds me of the Path 3 masking blog post.
Disable ALL HW Hacks and Sppedhacks (just use automatic gamefixes)
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
So I haven't fixed it, but I've at least narrowed down what it is. Having the AA set to anything above 0 will cause the line there to show up on the shadow, I tried all of the AA settings and the rest of the settings there and it won't go away. Guess I just have to deal with it if I want AA on.

As far as the colored lines, I haven't been able to reproduce that, it only shows up sometimes, and if I just leave the area and come back its gone.
pc spec???
Smile 
(08-10-2012, 06:38 AM)Melufa Wrote: So I haven't fixed it, but I've at least narrowed down what it is. Having the AA set to anything above 0 will cause the line there to show up on the shadow, I tried all of the AA settings and the rest of the settings there and it won't go away. Guess I just have to deal with it if I want AA on.

You could try the page up key for FXAA. Smile It's effective and doesn't show that "line on shadows" bug with MSAA.

(08-10-2012, 06:38 AM)Melufa Wrote: As far as the colored lines, I haven't been able to reproduce that, it only shows up sometimes, and if I just leave the area and come back its gone.

Like I said, I don't have that bug and I'm also using 1.0. What are your specs so that we can compare?
Like I said, just disable ALL speedhacks (minus MTVU if you have +3 cores on your CPU) and gamefixes. Yes that includes hardware hacks (Anti Aliasing) Persona 4 looks best at x4 or x3 native resolution (set them on your GSDX plugin).
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 Quad Core @ 3.6GHz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti