Persona 4 slowdown
Alright, I'm sure this get's asked quite alot but I didn't feel like gravedigging an old thread to bring this up.
Persona 4 runs relatively fine for me. BUT! the FPS drops down to 49 or below during.....
Shopping District(only when near the Velvet Room door)
Battles

Specs are
Intel® Core™2 CPU
4400 @ 2.00GHz
2047MB
64 Bit Operating System
ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x71C1)
Internal DAC (400 MHz)

Could I get any help?

Sponsored links

You have a slow CPU, you're actually getting quite a high speed for those areas.

Not much you can do, try some speedhacks if you aren't already.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi, I have a little problem with the same game, so I decided to write here.
I began playing Persona 4 last night, and the game looks and works fine. No problem at all, except for a quick, occasional slowdown that last less than a second, and happens 1 or 2 times in a minute. The video and the audio slow down at the same tame, and it's not too much bothersome; yet, if I could fix that, it would be just perfect.

My PC:
Windows Seven
E8400
4gb RAM
Ati 4870 512mb

About the hacks, I'm just using the recommended ones, and no EEcyclerate or VU cycle stealing.
Any suggestion?
That could be caused by background applications or windows itself, doubt it's pcsx2's doing. Check the task manager or resource monitor and try to see what process other than PCSX2 is causing those sudden slowdowns (should be a fast raise in CPU% at same time you get slowdowns, you could sort processes by CPU to see it easier) if you see nothing else I guess it could also be Vsync if you have it enabled.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
While not a fix per se, you can reduce the annoyance of these moments by switching your audio sync from timestretch to Async. This will make the audio portion always run full speed, even if it doesn't sync with the video (so audio will always sound fine, but you'll probably still get the random video stutters)

This option isn't ideal in all games as it can cause some games not to work, but Persona 4 isn't one of them that I've seen
[Image: 2748844.png]
The audio fix is working perfectly, thanks for the tip!