Persona 4 weird graphic issue
Basically, when character models move around it looks hazy, anyone know how to fix this?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-11-2013, 06:16 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

cpu AMD 1090T @ 3.9ghz, GPU XFX 7950, 4GB ddr3 1600 corsair vengeance memory, pcsx2 1.0.0 r5350 playing from ISO, os windows 7 64 bit. I am using all default settings I believe, and speed hacks ofc and the game is Persona 4
It also only seems to happen during dialog sections, it doesn't seem to happen when I'm just running around normally, how strange...

It's also actually not that bad, I don't mind dealing with it if there's no fix to it and what not.
(12-11-2013, 06:30 AM)Cruelty Wrote: It also only seems to happen during dialog sections, it doesn't seem to happen when I'm just running around normally, how strange...

It's also actually not that bad, I don't mind dealing with it if there's no fix to it and what not.
2 things to try :
- disable all speedhacks
- disable texture filtering.

then report back
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I dont remember having this issue when I played through the game. I dremember that multi colored bars would appear before the character. I think it was part of the shadowing. This also would happen in P3 as well. I never could figure out how to fix it.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Hmmm... I don't remember having any errors at ALL the last time I was playing P4 a few weeks ago. I must now check, and I will report back.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-11-2013, 07:14 AM)fade2black001 Wrote: I dont remember having this issue when I played through the game. I dremember that multi colored bars would appear before the character. I think it was part of the shadowing. This also would happen in P3 as well. I never could figure out how to fix it.

Those seem to be caused by MSAA, turning it off made them go away for me.

As for OP, I THINK I know what you were referring to. I have a couple of videos in my upload queue, they are low quality for quick upload(well, lower than my usual stuff) but they should illustrate the issue. It's sort of a weird ghosting effect.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Here we go. It doesn't show up so much in the dungeon, but especially when running down the flood plains(@1:07) and in town, the PC and some NPCs ghost. It doesn't seem to be an interlacing thing(this video was taken of an iso running progressive after ps2force480p), and it happens in software too. I think it's an exaggeration of an effect that is there on the ps2. Maybe.

Video was recorded at 1440x900 with 4x rendering, but shrank to 480p for small upload. Also GPU encoded, so quality is crap:
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=goZ3ZPz3s30[/video]
(12-11-2013, 05:41 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Here we go. It doesn't show up so much in the dungeon, but especially when running down the flood plains(@1:07) and in town, the PC and some NPCs ghost. It doesn't seem to be an interlacing thing(this video was taken of an iso running progressive after ps2force480p), and it happens in software too. I think it's an exaggeration of an effect that is there on the ps2. Maybe.

Video was recorded at 1440x900 with 4x rendering, but shrank to 480p for small upload. Also GPU encoded, so quality is crap:
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=goZ3ZPz3s30[/video]

That would be what I am referring to, yes that's exactly it. If it's just part of the game then I don't mind it, but if I can stop it then great. I went to sleep which is why I took so long to reply.