Phantasy Star Universe
So, I have been trying to play Phantasy Star Universe on the PCSX2 and it is running really slow. I am using a Laptop, not a Desktop.  Here are the specs of the laptop.

Host Machine Init:
 Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 17134), 64-bit
 Physical RAM     =  3985 MB
 CPU name         =  Intel® Pentium® CPU  N3540  @ 2.16GHz
 Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 08)
 CPU speed        =  2.165 ghz (4 logical threads)
 x86PType         =  Standard OEM
 x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 41d8e3bf
 x86EFlags        =  28100000

Any advice on how to run the game at the required fps? Before anyone says to get a desktop computer, that point is not valid and I will not get a desktop computer since I do take care of a disabled person and we are always at appointments. I have the laptop to play the games when we are out so I will not sit in the dr office bored.

Sponsored links

You might need to play the game on your actual PS2, your pc is too weak for most games.
While your system will have issues with the PS2 veraion of Phantasy Star you have some options that while not perfect may work better.

You could pick up the PC version and use the clementine custom server to allow you to play the story mode since Sega shut down the official servers a long time ago. https://psu-clementine.net/ While you system specs are still not ideal for the game (lack of a dedicated GPU) it should work and be more playable with better settings then you would be able to achieve through PCSX2. The game for PC can still be found for sale online for a reasonable price as well.

OR...

If you want a Phantasy Star experience in the same universe as PSU (joke not intended) then the 2 PSP (Phantasy Star Portable games) for the PSP (Playstation portable) would run much better in emulation on your laptop since PPSSPP requires a lot less processing power then PCSX2 does. If you like Phantasy Star style gameplay then bothe games are fun.... if you like Phantasy Star story telling then skip 1 and go straight to 2 which has an interesting story to go with the gameplay.
Yes,my Pentum 4 is at around the same level as your laptop and I have over 190 hours on Phantasy Star Portable 2 and little above 50 on PSP1.
You laptop is more suited to PS1,PSP some NDS games and older consoles but definnetly not PS2,Wii/U,3DS or PS3 Tongue2

You may be able to play some PS2 games that have really low requirements but you will not be able to keep full speed all the time(forget anything 3D)
Thank you for the advice. I will think about what I will do