Phenom 2 and sse3
Why is gsdx telling me it can't detect sse3? i'm pretty sure that the phenom 2's have sse3 instructions and pcsx2 is also telling me that it can detect it... i'm running PCSX 9.4 and gsdx 1.14

Sponsored links

SSSE3, not SSE3. I don't think Phenoms have SSSE3, so pick a different plugin.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Seriously, do we need a topic stating that SSSE3 is NOT SSE3...?
Yeah, agreed. Some people always miss eyes or wrong interpretation about that. Glad if anyone will make special thread like some different thing between SSE3 and SSSE3 to Be noticed.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(01-29-2009, 10:31 AM)Register Wrote: Yeah, agreed. Some people always miss eyes or wrong interpretation about that. Glad if anyone will make special thread like some different thing between SSE3 and SSSE3 to Be noticed.

Can't really fill a whole thread with it. They are different sets of special instructions for the processor.

The naming convention (SSSE3 = Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3) makes sense from a programmer's perspective, and was never meant to be used/known by the general consumer. If you want the nitty-gritty details about what they are and have a very good grasp of x86 ASM, check out Wikipedia.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
We don't really need to go into details. SSE3 contains a pair of S's. SSSE3 contains 3 S's. That isn't so hard to understand, is it? Tongue2.