Pitfall still not working despite progress report stating otherwise
Yeah MTVU seems to break it, but not much we can do about that I don't think... I guess we can look in to that at some point. But that explains it, I don't use MTVU with that game.

I get 130fps on the game with MTVU off, so i dunno what CPU you must be using to not be able to maintain full speed. I tried fixing it with MTVU and I got it to work, but the speed was terrible and it broke pretty much every game using MTVU, so that's not gonna fly I'm afraid.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(10-03-2020, 04:47 AM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: I set up the latest PCSX2 build on that page, but the problem still happens.  Does it require any special settings to work?  The fact that it's happening to at least one other person means the problem isn't with anything on my end.  Also, like before, enabling "Ignore DMAC writes when it is busy" lets it progress a bit further then it freezes.

Edit:  I kept launching the game, and one of the times it actually froze on the title screen.  So it's regressed even more.

Edit 2:  Okay, this is interesting.  After disabling multi-threading (MTVU), the game works fine, but it's really slow since it's only using one thread.  Now this is something to work off of.

So it seems this issue is really abundant, me and some friends of mine, (All of us running Intel cpus and NVIDIA GPUs) are having the exact same issue that the OP described, that the game will work up until you start a new game, you can hear the music but all you get is a black screen. 

We also tried both fixes of disabling Multi-Threaded microVU-1 in the Micro VU hacks section but the game will only work for so long until it freezes and its randomized too, usually between 10 seconds in game to around 2 minutes in game. And unfortunately enabling "Ignore DMAC writes when it is busy" has no effect either than allowing you to see that beginning cutscene.

This also happens on other laptops I've tried in the past aswell and just stuck to playing the game on GC so this issue has been around for a bit but yeah sucks that there's no observable solution. Glare
(02-07-2022, 06:32 PM)Kintine Wrote: So it seems this issue is really abundant, me and some friends of mine, (All of us running Intel cpus and NVIDIA GPUs) are having the exact same issue that the OP described, that the game will work up until you start a new game, you can hear the music but all you get is a black screen. 

We also tried both fixes of disabling Multi-Threaded microVU-1 in the Micro VU hacks section but the game will only work for so long until it freezes and its randomized too, usually between 10 seconds in game to around 2 minutes in game. And unfortunately enabling "Ignore DMAC writes when it is busy" has no effect either than allowing you to see that beginning cutscene.

This also happens on other laptops I've tried in the past aswell and just stuck to playing the game on GC so this issue has been around for a bit but yeah sucks that there's no observable solution. Glare

you need to be on a development build, it won't work at all on 1.6
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-07-2022, 06:35 PM)refraction Wrote: you need to be on a development build, it won't work at all on 1.6

Okay yep being on version 1.7.2350 the game seems to work fine! yay!  I just wish I found this earlier/easier but anyway thanks for that.