Playground performance with the latest processors
I'm in the process of buying this custom built PC. I'm also wondering will Pcsx2 playground perform pretty reasonable with these features:

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Processor @ 3Ghz Per Core Socket AM2+
8GB (4 X 2GB) DDR2 240pin 800Mhz PC6400 Memory
500GB SATA 300Mbps 7200RPM 16MB Buffer Hard Drive
AMD 780G Chipset Motherboard with HDMI, 8 Channel Audio, Gigabit LAN, SATA 300Mbps, USB 2.0
ATI HD 3200 Video w/Hybrid Crossfire Available

Sponsored links

Yeah I think it'll work just fine for most games ;D
Well Megaton3k, reviewing your computers specs, it should handle most games pretty well, but that does not mean you will run them perfectly. You will need to do some minor/medium changes to your config (Of PCSX2PG) to get it to do just that, unless you decide to over clock it to 3.5+ In which you would need very minor to zero changes at all. If you wish, once you get your new computer, I have taken the time to type up a small, but somewhat detailed guide you can look over an goof off with, it is meant for low end computers, but with a computer like yours would require the minor adjustments, which I could also help you achive. In the meantime will waiting for your custom built PC, have a check over my thread and once it comes in, follow it to the minority.

Good luck and have fun~
Double ++
Chris.

~Link for yew: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3406.html~
About your motherboard 780g, make sure that compatible and support with phenomII. as far as i know phenomII recommanded with chipset 790g and SB750 with update bios.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
why not choosing an intel C2Q since GSDX supporting SSE4?
just my opinion =p
(02-01-2009, 11:52 AM)jap_yuuki Wrote: why not choosing an intel C2Q since GSDX supporting SSE4?
just my opinion =p

well if hes going to choose intel C2Q then it would have to be the Q9000 series since those are the ones that support SSE4. Happy
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
GSdx performs better with nVidia cards (the author Gabest has an nVidia card)
and personally i would get an Intel CPU instead of the AMD.
If anything it would run slower than a E8400 @ 3ghz due to lack of SSE4 support, and the integrated video isn't going to help you out too much either. It depends on what games you would want to play, but more games would run below 60fps than not unless you overclocked and put in a video card.
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones
A Phenom II processor seems very capable to handle the emulation as an Intel C2Q could, but I think using an IGP isn't a good choice to move the graphic work. This choice is even worse if you would like to play at resolutions higher than the PS2 native.

So my verdict is: CPU=ok, GPU=look for a decent dedicated card.
(02-01-2009, 05:19 AM)megaton3k Wrote: AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Processor @ 3Ghz Per Core Socket AM2+

pcsx2 performs better on intel, just to mention Wink