Playing Devil May Cry (1) on Ubuntu 12.10
So, I wanted to play this game here, and I installed PCSX2 from the ppa. Everything worked at first glance, however when I started the game, I got this screen tearing (top third of the screen appears at the bottom). So, I googled this and found that using an older version of GSdx should fix it, however I wasn't able to find an older version that would work on linux. What should I do?

Sponsored links

what is your cpu, gpu, distro, 32 or 64 bit, and are you using open source or proprietary driver?

also are you using software mode? hardware mode is still not working that well.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Intel i7-2600k, Nvidia GTX570, Ubuntu 12.10 64bit, proprietary drivers. I tried the game with hardware mode first, but it was buggy, so I switched to software mode, and that's where I got this issue.
Can you try to play with VU options inside PCSX2.I don't remember if we have superVU on linux. FYI, VU sends the graphical operation to the GS plugins.
(03-16-2013, 12:25 PM)gregory Wrote: Can you try to play with VU options inside PCSX2.I don't remember if we have superVU on linux. FYI, VU sends the graphical operation to the GS plugins.

Yeah, linux does have superVU it seems. I set both VU0 and VU1 to superVU, however I didn't notice any changes occuring (except for superVU being a bit slower, however that might just be me). I also messed around with the advanced options, (I have to admit, I'm not really sure what they actually do, since I haven't looked them up) but there weren't any improvements either.
Have you made a comparison to ZZogl? Sometimes one will work better than the other, and vice versa.

To add: Sometimes ZZogl will seg fault the first couple times you try to use it, but it will cooperate if you kill the process and try again.

(03-16-2013, 03:45 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Have you made a comparison to ZZogl? Sometimes one will work better than the other, and vice versa.

To add: Sometimes ZZogl will seg fault the first couple times you try to use it, but it will cooperate if you kill the process and try again.

ZZogl 0.3.0: It appears to be working, however it has some flashing white stuff on the middle of the screen. I also have an image of it: http://imgur.com/PYZ1efR

ZZogl 0.4.0: No tearing, however sounds are laggy for some reason, and it has slowdowns.
ZZogl 0.3 I think requires nvidia-cg-toolkit package in Ubuntu. 0.4 version is a little better. Sometimes the "No Target Resolves" hack sometimes helps with speed. All the other hacks just confuse me as to what they really do.

To add, make sure you have libcg and libcggl

Actually both versions require cg. However it is possible to replace cg by glsl on the version 0.4. The plan was to drop cg from zzogl but it won't work anymore on opensource driver and it is slower. I will need to redo the shader interface but I didn't have time. Besides I would like to use some 4.3 soft features but no drivers support them.