Playing PAL games as NTSC
Hello everyone !

First of all, I hope this is the best-fit section for my thread, if not, I'm sorry for that.

I'd like to know if there will be, in a future patch of PCSX2, an option to run PAL games, which are running at 50max FPS, as if they are NTSC (60FPS).

I've seen that you've already thought to put it on your list of future changes, that is why I ask you if this will still be possible.

That would be a great enhancement for people plying PAL games with a decent PC. Games will be more fluid and even if I know we can already playing at 60FPS with frame limiter, sound and game logic are also affected.

With ePSXe emulator, this is possible to do it. We can change the region of the game to NTSC, even playing with PAL game.

So here is my question : do you think that option could appear in the near future ?

Sponsored links

making the game run at 60fps will not affect anything except it will require more performance from your pc. making the opposite would be better probably. trust me the eye cant see a big difference at the range of 50-60 fps (thats why all tv's are around that except the reason that has to do with electricity)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
What you're asking for is already implemented in the 0.9.7 beta at Config->Emulation Settings->GS
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-31-2010, 12:12 AM)Bositman Wrote: What you're asking for is already implemented in the 0.9.7 beta at Config->Emulation Settings->GS

i am not sure but i dont think he wants to raise the speed of the game. just to make the 50 fps game to run at the same speed but "refresh" at 60. something like Hrz. or maybe i didnt understand a thing and i am wrong in what he says Smile
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Quote:I'd like to know if there will be, in a future patch of PCSX2, an option to run PAL games, which are running at 50max FPS, as if they are NTSC (60FPS).

I guess it's clear...that's exactly what the box 'PAL Framerate' does at the menu I said above. Of course the game will still run 'faster' than intended (music will be sped up) but we can't do anything about that
[Image: newsig.jpg]