Playing with .bz/ compressed files?
(12-03-2010, 06:12 PM)avih Wrote: BTW, another option would be to make windows use the compressed folder option (thx to Air for reminding me). Never used it myself for ISO files but I imagine it should be reasonably good.
thats will damage the iso ( tested ) dont do it

Sponsored links

(12-03-2010, 07:22 PM)abdo123 Wrote: thats will damage the iso ( tested ) dont do it
Hmm.. just tried it too, indeed PCSX2 wasn't able to load it. However, decompressing it again retains the original file, so it's not damaged, it's just that currently it seems that PCSX2 can't use it.
oh well, would have been nice since I'm putting some HD movies on my computer lol
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
(12-03-2010, 08:12 PM)avih Wrote: Hmm.. just tried it too, indeed PCSX2 wasn't able to load it. However, decompressing it again retains the original file, so it's not damaged, it's just that currently it seems that PCSX2 can't use it.
Hmm.. tested again with 2 different ISOs compressed using windows compressed folders option, both worked fine with PCSX2 and with reasonable compression.

I now also tried to use the compressed iso from pcsx2 WHILE windows was in the process of compressing it, and it still worked.

So I really don't know what failed on my previous attempt. Seem to be working now.

(12-03-2010, 07:22 PM)abdo123 Wrote: thats will damage the iso ( tested ) dont do it

It doesn't? Maybe you're trying a different compression thing, NTFS compression of a folder/image works perfectly fine and I've been using it for a long time now. Also the Linuz ISO compression works fine but as said before it will only work with linuz ISO to read the files again.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
will i dont know how but some times when i NTFS compression of an iso it wont work ( maybe on an older revision)
It always works, the NTFS compression option is a safe compression done by the filesystem, only way I can think of that it wouldn't work is that you set the NTFS compression and tried to run a game without letting it finish compressing, or you having a unstable system in which case almost any other file compression system/program (or simply running any other program for that matter...) would have same results Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64