Please Help Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
I was playing Disgaea on the 0.9.4 build and it was running with no problems. I got to chapter 6-1 Bair Forest and it keeps freezing when it tries to load the map. I can load all other maps, visit the item world just fine etc...

So, I looked at the compatibility list and it says Disgaea playable 0.9.5 :/

I felt kinda dumb for even starting on .9.4 but I decided whatever, I will just upgrade.

So I downloaded it and got the two application files. All I did was place them in the pcsx094 folder that was created during my original install... Is that correct?

It runs with them in there but I cant load any of my savestates Sad Do I have to start all over again? Please help a newb to this (just got it running a week ago)

All help is appreciated, thank you in advance

Running:
Graphics: GSdx9 [MSVC 14.00 SSE2} 0.10.0
Sound: ZeroSPU0.4.6
Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0
Dev9: Dev9NullDriver 0.3.0
Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004)

My PC
Running Vista Ultimate SP1
Processor: AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.02Ghz
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
Direct x X V 10
Drivers Updated 9/17/2008

Sponsored links

No, you could not use old sstates with pcsx2. And maybe you even could not use memsaves to. There was upgrade sometimes later, and savestates become more PS2 friendly. But compability was broken. You could load memstates into revision prior that fix, and made saveste which be compaible with last revision.

Quote:Sound: ZeroSPU0.4.6
I is bad. Use peops for disgaea/
Use the memory card to save in 0.9.4 and than load in 0.9.5.
The save states are incompatible.
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Thanks a lot guys Laugh

I appreciate the quick reply. When I try to use the memcard it says "not formatted, would you like to format now?"

when I try to format it just freezes up. (If I remember correctly, though I only tried once...)

I will try again when I get home (at work right now) Is this a known issue? if so is there a workaround for it?

Also, Zeydlitz, are you saying I should use a different sound plugin instead of Zero SPU?

Thanks again
Well, not. it should not freeze on latest playground. Yes. zeroSPU sometimes lead disgaea to freeze.