Please Help, PNACH Problems
Just like many others here, I am having the 'no cheats found' problem.

What's particularly messed up about this though is that other games work fine but the one I'm having trouble with, Final Fantasy XII, doesn't work.

CRC is correct
No .txt hidden with the pnach file
pnach file is in the cheats folder that's in the pcsx2 folder

What's even more weird is that it used to work!

It worked all day every day until I decided to copy the memory card file and the cheats file to bring it from work to home and home to work.

When I copied the saves and cheats to my home computer, I had the same problem with pcsx2 not being able to detect the pnach file.

But somehow I made it work and figured that it wouldn't be a problem copying it back to my work computer but now anything I try doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

0779FBDB.pnach

//comment=Max LP Gained (After Battle)
patch=1,EE,202EC6BC,word,00000000

//comment=Enemies Drop More Loot
patch=1,EE,202EC810,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,203162A8,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,203162F0,word,109E0004
patch=1,EE,20316314,word,109E0004

//Protect, Shell, Libra, bravery, Faith, Haste and Regen always on
//comment=Vaan codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054A144,word,567c0000

//comment=Ashe codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054A308,word,567c0000

//comment=Fran codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054A4CC,word,567c0000

//comment=Baltier codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054A690,word,567c0000

//comment=Penelo codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054AA18,word,567c0000

//comment=Bash codes all good status
//patch=1,EE,2054A854,word,547c0000

//comment=chocobo infinite time and sprints
patch=1,EE,203018D0,word,3C01461C
patch=1,EE,203019B0,word,26040000

//comment=100% Successful Steal Rate Always On
patch=1,EE,203CB680,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,203CB6A8,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,203CB6E8,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,203CB724,word,00000000

//Quick Chain-Level Gain Always On
patch=1,EE,20316070,word,24420019

//Infinite MP(Not Max) - All Characters
patch=1,EE,2030c154,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,2030c170,extended,86620028
patch=1,EE,2030c174,extended,A662004C
patch=1,EE,2030c180,extended,AE020028
//Quick Chain-Level Gain Always On
patch=1,EE,2030C6C4,word,AEB5070C
patch=1,EE,2030C6C8,word,AE150030

//Always Full Action Gauge
patch=1,EE,2030C6C4,word,AEB5070C

//super speed(R3+L1 drücken?)(funktioniert aber ist scheiße)
patch=1,EE,0056BADC,word,0000FBFB
patch=1,EE,0025C7E8,word,000041F7

I've tried moving entire directories and even setting up pcsx2 from scratch.

Why did it stop working when all I had done was copy back and forth the memory card save file and the pnach file?

Lastly, I wanted to thank anyone in advance for the help since I know this support is free and I am very grateful to whomever is willing to put in the effort to help. Very grateful.

Sponsored links

I recommend using the stable binary or use an SVN. All the folders including cheats are in one main directory. There was another user who had a similar problem a couple days ago, and reinstalling fixed the issue.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-04-2013, 08:45 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: I recommend using the stable binary or use an SVN. All the folders including cheats are in one main directory. There was another user who had a similar problem a couple days ago, and reinstalling fixed the issue.

I am not familiar with these terms, stable binary or SVN. Also, I have tried re-installing from scratch and I continue to have the same strangeness.

Thank you for the input though.

If anyone else has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm going to go nuts. I'm reinstalling, double triple checking everything...

It worked fine before! All the settings and information are the same! whyyyy??? Sad

How can simply copying over the memory card file and pnach file have caused this? Is it a bug?

I have no where else to turn! Save me PCSX2 forums! You are my last hope!
Try this...

Go here and download latest SVN (in between the stable versions these are builds with changes in the code in between).

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

This will have everything you need in one main directory, including cheats folder. Copy all your memory card and other necessary files over. Run pcsx2, and don't forget to "enable cheats".

With the full installer there are sometimes permission issues related to "program files" directory. Plus full installer put additional files in documents directory.

Using SVN is much easier. The cheats folder is right there to use.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(06-05-2013, 03:09 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Try this...

Go here and download latest SVN (in between the stable versions these are builds with changes in the code in between).

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

This will have everything you need in one main directory, including cheats folder. Copy all your memory card and other necessary files over. Run pcsx2, and don't forget to "enable cheats".

With the full installer there are sometimes permission issues related to "program files" directory. Plus full installer put additional files in documents directory.

Using SVN is much easier. The cheats folder is right there to use.

No good. I tried 3 different iterations of the Automated PCSX2 builds but I can't run any of them. I keep getting a "Failed to getnetadapter()" error and a windows send error report prompt.

As far as the cheats went...it detect the PNACH but loaded 0 cheats?

Thanks again for your advice though...

Am I SOL? Unsure
Remove the special characters in the pnach, or change it's encoding to utf-8 unicode. That's known problem with the parser dealing with regional ISO encoding.

PS: //super speed(R3+L1 drücken?)(funktioniert aber ist scheiße)

this one is enough to make the log to show "no cheat codes loaded".
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-05-2013, 05:41 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Remove the special characters in the pnach, or change it's encoding to utf-8 unicode. That's known problem with the parser dealing with regional ISO encoding.

PS: //super speed(R3+L1 drücken?)(funktioniert aber ist scheiße)

this one is enough to make the log to show "no cheat codes loaded".

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Wow Smile

Still, that same code should be "short" instead "word", all other seem correct ... that explicit nomenclature should never have been implemented :/

PS: Imagining the user's mind in making the code:

All other codes start the address with 2 and they are already formatted as word. This last starts with 1 and crashes the emulator, let's make it 0 and hope it works... Oh, it worked!!!!

But it is wrong, the code is erasing what shouldn't with unforeseeable consequences. Possibly no serious consequences but still wrong.

Edit: The advice is changing the first digit at the address to 1 once again (just for the two last codes in the OP) and replacing "word" for "extended".

From now on the usage of "extended" should be strongly encouraged because it does not change the original code and no confusion comes from mistakes.

it should read:

//super speed(whatever was changed here)
patch=1,EE,1056BADC,extended,0000FBFB
patch=1,EE,1025C7E8,extended,000041F7
Imagination is where we are truly real
(06-06-2013, 01:41 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Wow Smile

Still, that same code should be "short" instead "word", all other seem correct ... that explicit nomenclature should never have been implemented :/

PS: Imagining the user's mind in making the code:

All other codes start the address with 2 and they are already formatted as word. This last starts with 1 and crashes the emulator, let's make it 0 and hope it works... Oh, it worked!!!!

But it is wrong, the code is erasing what shouldn't with unforeseeable consequences. Possibly no serious consequences but still wrong.

Edit: The advice is changing the first digit at the address to 1 once again (just for the two last codes in the OP) and replacing "word" for "extended".

From now on the usage of "extended" should be strongly encouraged because it does not change the original code and no confusion comes from mistakes.

it should read:

//super speed(whatever was changed here)
patch=1,EE,1056BADC,extended,0000FBFB
patch=1,EE,1025C7E8,extended,000041F7

Wow, you even fixed the cheat that was ruining my life to work properly.

I'd give you another +rep if I could.