Please Help me Make the most of the emulator for Mgs3 subsistance
Hello guys and girls just would appreciate some help in configuring my emulator to make the most of mgs3 subsistance, my pc is pretty strong so i dont think thats the issue i run an i7 920 with 6 gig ram and a gtx295 ino its not insane but from what i read so far it should be enough the game in gameplay looks amazing n runs at 60fps slows abit in cgi's and theres the water glitch i have the 0.9.7 version im running it in dx10hardware mode with 8bit textures i have not configured any speed hacks or touched the ee/iop or vus and gs settings iv just enhances the resolution to 1920 1080, im using gsxdx sse4 and yes the game is my legit copy i was running it from the cd/dvd drive but i read somewhere here that if I run it from an iso it helps so i got Lciso creator and got it working from that I have also heard people running the game at over 60Fps with less power full pc than mine so i thought maybe im doin something wrong but above all i would love to fix the water graphic glitch that happens.
ps please forgive my complete and utter crap spelling : / I know its bad

Sponsored links

Not a bug report, moved.

Water bug is known and only works fine using a (Software) renderer in GSdx as far as I know.
Unless you overclock the i7 920 you should expect slowdown but post your settings and show us screenshots of your problems (including the EE/GS% data in the latest beta) so we can try to help.

That's all I got from the wall of text Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(01-19-2011, 01:12 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not a bug report, moved.

Water bug is known and only works fine using a (Software) renderer in GSdx as far as I know.
Unless you overclock the i7 920 you should expect slowdown but post your settings and show us screenshots of your problems (including the EE/GS% data in the latest beta) so we can try to help.

That's all I got from the wall of text Tongue2

oh thanks for the reply was sooner than i expected to get a response,
during gameplay my fps is solid 50 and the ee goes from 68% to about 80% and average of 73% just bounces around depending what is goin on and the gs goes from 50% to about 98% depending what i am looking at eg sky walls ect ect during some cutscenes the ee can reach 98% like during the scene of the boss's defection for the most part it dose as mentioned above though,
also the only settings i have change is to dx10hardware mode using 1920 x 1080 resolution texture filtering is on and 8 bit textures is also on,
please let me know if there is certain settings that i should have on to boost overall performance,
overall i cant really complain the game runs pretty good i was just hoping to get the most visuals/performance out of it as it is my favorite game and iv always wanted to play it on my pc as it looks better than it dose on my ps3/ 50inch screen and lastly not sure if I needed to say this in my earlier thread my 17 920 is a q4 not sure if there is any other versions of it but i was just dumb founded how people with 2q are getting better fps than I am and thats why i was wandering if i should be tampering with the settings?
ps sorry for the walls of text yet again :X