Please I really need your help, about Kingdom Hearts 2:((
I'm absolutely new hereSmile)First of all, I have 2 PCs.. 1 Laptop and a Desktop. My Laptop is Windows 7 x64 Intel core i3. 4gig RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5470 512mb, and I thik my Laptop is a strong one.. But then, My Kingdom Hearts 2 iso won't run using pcsx2 0.9.8 r4600. Whenever I boot the game, After The "Playstation 2" Logo, a thing will pop out saying "Assertion Failed" and there's no choice but to end the program. (I can run ps2 games on my laptop such as Resident Evil Code Veronica X) but Kingdom Hearts 2 won't work. I tried it out on my Desktop which is Pentium D, with 512mb RAM, and a NVIDIA graphics card. and I was shocked that it worked. but only runs 12-19fps and 2fps in gameplay. I absolutely think that my Laptop is strong. I wanna play this game badly since my Playstation 2 got broken. Please HELP ME I'm BEGGING! I saw videos on youtube that Laptops can run KH2 wellSad(
and please, can you tell me why my SLOW desktop can run it??

PS. Sorry for my terrible EnglishTongue

Sponsored links

(12-04-2012, 04:22 PM)BoomMicko Wrote: I'm absolutely new hereSmile)First of all, I have 2 PCs.. 1 Laptop and a Desktop. My Laptop is Windows 7 x64 Intel core i3. 4gig RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5470 512mb, and I thik my Laptop is a strong one.. But then, My Kingdom Hearts 2 iso won't run using pcsx2 0.9.8 r4600. Whenever I boot the game, After The "Playstation 2" Logo, a thing will pop out saying "Assertion Failed" and there's no choice but to end the program. (I can run ps2 games on my laptop such as Resident Evil Code Veronica X) but Kingdom Hearts 2 won't work. I tried it out on my Desktop which is Pentium D, with 512mb RAM, and a NVIDIA graphics card. and I was shocked that it worked. but only runs 12-19fps and 2fps in gameplay. I absolutely think that my Laptop is strong. I wanna play this game badly since my Playstation 2 got broken. Please HELP ME I'm BEGGING! I saw videos on youtube that Laptops can run KH2 wellSad(
and please, can you tell me why my SLOW desktop can run it??

PS. Sorry for my terrible EnglishTongue

First thing to do is migrating to version 1.0.

Be sure to update the DirectX, don't believe you have it as required, you will need both as well, directX 9.0c as well despite having directX10 and both "updated", don't bypass that stage.

Notebooks have aggressive power saving features, that would not give you the reported issue but could harm the performance once you get the emulator working in the laptop. Go to Windows control panel and from there "Power option" and take not the plan is there, change it to a "performance plan" while playing. Return it to the previous plan afterwards to spare the battery.

Now the most important:
enjoy the opportunity you will be updating the emulator and "do not", repeating do not install it at C:\Program Files (x86).

Create a folder, let's say C:\Games and from now on install all your games there. It's valid for PC games as well and even Steam now allows the user to install games outside that horrible "default" folder.

The above steps should be enough to get you started, report back the results and possibly to get further help.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-04-2012, 04:42 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: First thing to do is migrating to version 1.0.

Be sure to update the DirectX, don't believe you have it as required, you will need both as well, directX 9.0c as well despite having directX10 and both "updated", don't bypass that stage.

Notebooks have aggressive power saving features, that would not give you the reported issue but could harm the performance once you get the emulator working in the laptop. Go to Windows control panel and from there "Power option" and take not the plan is there, change it to a "performance plan" while playing. Return it to the previous plan afterwards to spare the battery.

Now the most important:
enjoy the opportunity you will be updating the emulator and "do not", repeating do not install it at C:\Program Files (x86).

Create a folder, let's say C:\Games and from now on install all your games there. It's valid for PC games as well and even Steam now allows the user to install games outside that horrible "default" folder.

The above steps should be enough to get you started, report back the results and possibly to get further help.

Actually, The first version i tried is, 1.0.0 and the "assertion failed" keeps popping outSad(. also, I don't use my laptop's battery, i keep it plugged in. Thanks for the helpSmile)
Try booting via fast boot instead of full boot and see if that helps also disable any speedhacks and see if that helps as well.
(12-04-2012, 11:32 PM)Topken Wrote: Try booting via fast boot instead of full boot and see if that helps also disable any speedhacks and see if that helps as well.
I tried running it on fast boot, but unfortunately "assertion failed" reappeared again.. i disabled speedhacks tooSad(
Tried your game directly from original DVD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-05-2012, 10:03 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Tried your game directly from original DVD ?
Is it possible?? but then if it is, it's too late for me cause i already sold my Playstation 2 discs, all the discs has been ripped..Sad(
(12-05-2012, 10:09 AM)BoomMicko Wrote: Is it possible?? but then if it is, it's too late for me cause i already sold my Playstation 2 discs, all the discs has been ripped..Sad(

if you don't own the original discs anymore, you don't own the right to use the isos either.

closed & warned for piracy
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go