Please help! Ps2 Logo drops to 20 fps.
I'v been using this emulator on and off for about 3 years now. It's always to play Kingdom hearts 1. On all three computers I'v used I always lag on destiny Island when looking towards a certain direction or going up the ladder on the mini Island with riku on it. It will drop from 60 to 45 at some times. And nothing is smooth. It has to be something I'm doing wrong with the settings because it's on all 3 computers lol.

My main issue is when I start the ps2 emulator and it gets to the point where it says playstation 2 and comes in all fansy. The fps drop all the way to 20! It's only for a second but I have never gotten to see it come in smooth and crisp. I feel if I can fix the logo screen it will fix my problem that I'v always had with kingdom hearts. I really want to run KH full screen 2x native.

Sponsored links

post your system specification and the settings you use !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-16-2014, 08:42 PM)I am John Snow Wrote: I'v been using this emulator on and off for about 3 years now. It's always to play Kingdom hearts 1. On all three computers I'v used I always lag on destiny Island when looking towards a certain direction or going up the ladder on the mini Island with riku on it. It will drop from 60 to 45 at some times. And nothing is smooth. It has to be something I'm doing wrong with the settings because it's on all 3 computers lol.

My main issue is when I start the ps2 emulator and it gets to the point where it says playstation 2 and comes in all fansy. The fps drop all the way to 20! It's only for a second but I have never gotten to see it come in smooth and crisp. I feel if I can fix the logo screen it will fix my problem that I'v always had with kingdom hearts. I really want to run KH full screen 2x native.

what are you system specs
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15
Processor: AMD A6-4455M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7500G
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 7500G (0x990A)
Display Memory: 2033 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1536 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I don't have to run it in fullscreen. Didn't realize I was working with 2.1ghz.
(10-16-2014, 08:47 PM)I am John Snow Wrote: Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15
Processor: AMD A6-4455M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7500G
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon HD 7500G (0x990A)
Display Memory: 2033 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1536 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I don't have to run it in fullscreen. Didn't realize I was working with 2.1ghz.

You can try messing with speedhacks, but you really won't get fullspeed with that setup
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
this is where the problem is ! you're using laptop which is weak and possibly the cause of your fps drop ! pcsx2 needs an powerful desktop processor with atleast 2.7 ghz ! but kh is preety less demanding game thought ! try with default settings !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
I don't know what settings I use I'v tried a lot of different ones. I just get overwhelmed going back and forth clicking one setting then trying the game. Then exiting clicking a new setting and turning the other one off. There's so many different combinations. My Quad core 3.2ghz desktop does the same thing with the logo and KH destiny Island.
The logo should not be underestimated. It is one of the demanding things.
try vu cycle to 2 ! you will find it on speed hacks tab!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
First try all recommended speedhacks...
This scene in KH is as well quite demanding.

Maybe you can screenshot your settings?

What are your EE% & GS% readings with the strongest pc you own?