Please help, What am i doing wrong? (Video)
First of all i apologize of this has been covered but i have looked on the forum and cant find it anywhere.

I have a macbook running snow leopard and have followed a tutorial on youtube (http://tinyurl.com/3wvo77l) to install pcsx2

i thought it would be much easier to create a video of what i did rather than try to explain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iz-wwzU8lg

I used all the links that he provided and followed the tutorial to the letter. Despite this i still can't get it to PCSX2 to run Final Fantasy XII. Anyone have any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this has been bugging me for over a week now.

Thanks
StrictlySparta

Sponsored links

New plugins have come out for PCSX2 mac with better support for the FF's.

Download ZZogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin from the downloads page, open dmg and then double click the icon and "open with" pcsx2. The plugin should install automatically and you'll see it in the config box of PCSX2 when you open it. Switch to this plugin and make sure "no logarithmic Z" is selected in the graphics config panel.

You might also want to install the onepad plugin as well, it has better support for external controllers.

Also, have you tried running the BIOS (no disc)? You should be able to see the PS2 welcome screen if the bios are working properly.
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(08-25-2011, 09:57 PM)flurgle Wrote: New plugins have come out for PCSX2 mac with better support for the FF's.

Download ZZogl PG 0.1.0 graphics plugin from the downloads page, open dmg and then double click the icon and "open with" pcsx2. The plugin should install automatically and you'll see it in the config box of PCSX2 when you open it. Switch to this plugin and make sure "no logarithmic Z" is selected in the graphics config panel.

You might also want to install the onepad plugin as well, it has better support for external controllers.

Also, have you tried running the BIOS (no disc)? You should be able to see the PS2 welcome screen if the bios are working properly.

done the above and tried to 'Run Bios (No disc)' and it tells me:

'The specified Bios file was not found. A bios is required for Pcsx2 to run.

File not found
Filename: /Applications/Games/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/bios/SCPH'

Which tells me the bios' that i am using are wrong, do you have any suggestion of which bios to use/where to get it? PM me if needed.

I wouldn't ask that on this forum, that violates the rules and can get you banned.

You definitely need a bios though.
I own a ps2 giving ne a right to have the bios so I am doing nothing wrong.
I didn't say it was illegal if you own a PS2 from the same region, but it's still not allowed on the forum.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Announcement-Global-Forum-Rules