Please help me
Hey guys, Im new to this site because I only just learned about pcsx2 emulator. Basically I need your help and advice as I cannot get my games to run at normal speeds. I only have 1 Bios file atm which is bully, and that runs at a laggy 20-30 fps Sad . I have MMX SSE SSE2 and SSE2 detected but not SSE3 and SSE4.1.

I really think that my laptop should be able to handle running games at full speed because I can run MAME perfectley among other games such as halo 1, san andreas and the sims 2. I have looked at a thread on this site about which specs are good with pcsx2 but haven'y come across my spec so I will put them here.

Specifications of Acer Aspire 6530G-703G32MN

Processor
Processor family
AMD Turion Dual Core
Processor
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70
Processor clock speed
2000 MHz
Chipset
AMD M780G
L2 cache
1 MB

Disk drive
Hard disk interface
SATA
Hard disk rotational speed
5400 rpm
Total storage capacity
320 GB
Number of hard drives installed

Display
Display
WXGA TFT LCD
Display diagonal
16 "
Display response rise/fall
8 ms
Display resolution
1366 x 768 pixels
Number of colours
16.7 M
Display brightness
220 cd/m²
Aspect ratio
16:9

Memory
Internal memory
3072 MB
Internal memory type
DDR2 SDRAM
Memory layout
2048+1024 MB
Maximum internal memory
4 GB

Storage media
Compatible memory cards
SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro/xD
Card reader integrated
yes

Video
Graphic adapter
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Maximum graphic adapter memory
1024 MB
Dedicated video memory
512 MB

If I have missed something out that you need to know please reply telling me and I will happily post what I missed. I just need to be told if my laptop can run ps2 games at normal speed and if so how do I do it lol. Or if my laptop is to weak to run games.

Iv spent hours trying different things but to no avial Sad

Please help meeeeee. Thankyou

Sponsored links

Your GPU is ok at best, but your processor is pretty weak. Not much more you are going to get out of that.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(10-05-2009, 12:15 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Your GPU is ok at best, but your processor is pretty weak. Not much more you are going to get out of that.

Oh Sad Thanks for your reply. Is there anything I can do to improve it?

I might as well say that I have 3 different versions of pcsx2. one is 0.9.6, that was very laggy. Another is a beta version and when I tested this it seemed to run fine during the opening cutscene of bully but when gameplay began it went slow. But since I played around with the configuration I have made it slower and its even slower during the cutscene where it wasnt before.

Is there any way I can make it run better ?
Go into the INI folder and delete all of the inis that will return the emulator to it's default settings.

I'm pretty sure I read that bully was one of the harder to emulate games (or at least, not a very easy to emulate one) and thus probably won't work well at all on your system.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Well, about the only thing you can do is get a new processor. I'm not horribly familiar with all the different AMD models, so check which socket your motherboard supports, and then look into get the fastest processor that will fit that socket.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Bully is running ok on my system, just don't use MicroVU, it tends to crash it. won't be 100% speed, but it should be playable