Please help me=/
I just finaly discovered pcsx2. I found tutorials on how to rip an iso off my final fantasy x game.

after that, i excitedly launched it with pcsx2. Ive been getting 40 fps
which is fine

EXCEPT, my sounds are choppy and slow and sounds like it is going slo motion
please help me

computer spec ( its a laptop )
Windows Vista Home premium Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon x2 dual core QL-64 2.1ghz
4gb of ram
ati radeon hd 3200 with dedicated graphics (1.9gb)

Sponsored links

Demi will drop the FPS bad, and ati cards are bad with pcsx2, but get the beta and updated plugins and it should be better
The sound is like that because it is trying to stay the same speed as your framerate. With your low end specs, you'll have to do some work to speed up the game so the sound isn't crazy and slow.

Firstly, good to see someone made an ISO without help =P Anyway, do you have the latest stable version of PCSX2 or do you have the latest beta? If you don't have the latest beta, get it here, and then get the latest revision of GSdx here. (Make sure you have the necessary files for GSdx to run)

After you get the latest PCSX2 beta and revision of GSdx, try some of the following things to get your speed up.

Speedhacks:
- Set EmotionEngine (EE) Sync Hacks to "Use x2 Cycle Rate"
- Enable "Idle Loop Fast-Forward"
- Set "VU Cycle Stealing" 1 or 2 notches (Try 2 notches first, but if that creates errors, set it 1 notch)

Graphics Plugin (GSdx):
- Tick "Native" for D3D internal res
- Tick "Allow 8-bit textures"

*Edit*
XD I knew I'd forget to add the PCSX2 beta link and GSdx link! Can't be bothered to do it now...
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Thanks for the help =]

1 question thought, Whats the difference between

- Direct 3d9,10(hardware) & Direct 3d9,10 (software)

and should i use gsdx10 or 9

Thanks, i just downloaded the beta
I wouldn't reccomenu VUskip for ffx, use iop 2, just as good, less chance of breakage
The hardware renderers will use the hardware acceleration capabilities of your card making it fast however it may cause lower compatibility. Software one uses the software acceleration which depends on the CPU entirely and doesnt touch the card at all but may be more compatible (as in fixing errors you may encounter in the hardware one) and since it uses your CPU entirelly which already added to the rest of the emu's CPU use will become very slow. The software renderer can also make use of multi-core CPUs better if you can add more threads to the emulation process which will speed up the software processing (althou most of times not as fast as hardware would be) and in your case dual core can only use 1 thread for the software renderer so you cant make good use of this option.

If you can use Direct3D10 use it as it's generally faster and more accurate.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Software mode uses the CPU for a lot of the calculations instead of the GPU, so it's mostly all CPU based emulation. I might be wrong, or a little bit off, but I think that's it. Shadow Lady is more knowledgeable =P
You should use DX10, it almost always gives better results.

@Saiki
I only had problems when I set VU Cycle Stealing above Moderate (notch 2), but maybe it depends on the versions of the game, plugin versions, and whatever else. If there are erros, it can just be set lower or off anyway. Best way to find out is testing for yourself.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
true enough, I use the same settings library-wide, works fine with every game I got (cept Primal Angry )

oh, and one minor note: I only use DX9 on FFX-2, cause it doesn't seem to work for me on DX10, just something to think about
arghhhhh.

doesnt work, but thanks for helping guys.

ill just buy another ps2. its only 85$ now haha