Please help me get widescreen patches to work!
So I have a big bundle of widescreen patches in pnach format that I can't seem to get to work at all. I've placed the ones I need in my cheats_ws folder. I've set aspect ratio to 16:9 and have widescreen patches and cheats enabled. When I start a game it shows in the console that the ws patch was loaded successfully, but I've tested with the few games I have and they're all stretched.

[Image: De8r8Zq.jpg]

[Image: wEHZDnC.jpg]

This is where I downloaded the patches from:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid271674

I'm running PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 and using the NTSC-U patches with NTSC-U games.

I understand if true widescreen isn't possible, but I thought from what I read that these patches would enable some form true 16:9 with no stretch? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thanks for your time and for the wonderful emulator.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 1.2.1 and on has the widescreen patches included, you don't need to download them separately. All you gotta do is Enable Widescreen in the system menu.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that, I deleted the patches from the folder. I just went through and looked at my games again. Out of ICO, San Andreas, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X only FFX actually runs in real widescreen. The others didn't work before or after I deleted the patches I downloaded. If these games just won't run in widescreen I understand, but I get the feeling it's just me. Any ideas?

I'm just addicted to running old games in hi res widescreen. Emulators have spoiled me.
Hmm, I don't know. You say it says the patches were loaded in the console log right?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah. I can take a screen if need be. I'm really baffled here.
You don't happen to be loading from a save state do you? Because that will overwrite the patches in memory, if the state was made in 4:3. That's all I can think of at the moment.
No, I'm not. I generally avoid them. Read about a guy having the same problem who was loading from save states though. Anyways, I really appreciate the help. I'll keep tinkering.
(08-05-2014, 04:46 AM)Mr. Jones Wrote: [Image: wEHZDnC.jpg]

This looks widescreen to me? Ohmy
(08-05-2014, 05:40 AM)devina40 Wrote: This looks widescreen to me? Ohmy

Nah, it's not. Not a good screen as an example though, I know. It's stretched. It's not displaying anything more than the 4:3 image is. I did figure it out though. What you said about save states made me think. FFX was the only game I was starting a new profile on, to get screens from the first cutscene. All the others I was loading from the memory card. When I started a new profile on ICO it worked. So it was something in the saves after all. Thanks!

Here's ICO in widescreen:

[Image: czAIqPt.jpg]

[Image: Db8m4GT.jpg]
Glad you got it sorted.