Please help with PCSX2 settings! Low FPS on FFX
I couldn't see my laptop's specs on the "Will my computer run" thread so I'm just gonna ask you kind people. I've been fiddling around with PCSX2 settings for HOURS but cannot get my fps above 20, is my laptop just not powerful enough to run it? Please help!

Here are my specs:

CPU: 2.4/3.2 GHz Intel i7 Quad Core
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 6GB

Sponsored links

Which specific i7?

You should be able to play it, but it will depend on the answer to that question.

Otherwise, set your powerplan to high performance, EE cycle rate hack to 3 and VU hack to 1 or 2, depending on if it gives you problems.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-20-2014, 11:44 PM)Amarantt Wrote: I couldn't see my laptop's specs on the "Will my computer run" thread so I'm just gonna ask you kind people. I've been fiddling around with PCSX2 settings for HOURS but cannot get my fps above 20, is my laptop just not powerful enough to run it? Please help!

Here are my specs:

CPU: 2.4/3.2 GHz Intel i7 Quad Core
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM: 6GB
Try the mtvu speedhack. Stay at native resolution and use all of the recommended speedhacks as well. Also make sure your laptop is set to high performance and it is plugged into the wall as you will drain the batter very quickly. One last tip make sure your laptop isn't overheating.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah MTVU too I forgot that one.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-20-2014, 11:47 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Which specific i7?

You should be able to play it, but it will depend on the answer to that question.

Otherwise, set your powerplan to high performance, EE cycle rate hack to 3 and VU hack to 1 or 2, depending on if it gives you problems.

I think its the i7-4700MQ. I'll definitely try those out when I get home and let you know. Thanks!

Do you think that this laptop can get to 60 FPS or at least be at a playable FPS?
Oh yeah. That cpu will have no issues with that game. It is a very nice mobile cpu.
(03-21-2014, 12:16 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Oh yeah. That cpu will have no issues with that game. It is a very nice mobile cpu.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out, I've been dreaming about playing FFX for the last 3 days Tongue Since it ran on such low FPS yesterday I thought maybe my GPU wasn't good enough to handle the emulation after fiddling with the settings for hours. I'll let you know if it works after I get out of work.
(03-21-2014, 12:21 AM)Amarantt Wrote: Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out, I've been dreaming about playing FFX for the last 3 days Tongue Since it ran on such low FPS yesterday I thought maybe my GPU wasn't good enough to handle the emulation after fiddling with the settings for hours. I'll let you know if it works after I get out of work.

Sounds great. You are probably going to have to run at native resolution because of your gpu, but you should still run at full speed just fine.