Please insert a PlayStation 2 Disc
Thanks!

But how exactly do I rip them so they're in the same format as the PS2 DVD? I mean isn't there only one way to do this in terminal? Because that's how I've done it. I've actually found that method in a thread somewhere, and it seemed to work for someone!

Any further help is greatly appreciated Smile

Sponsored links

(12-04-2012, 01:19 PM)Ocelot Wrote: Thanks!

But how exactly do I rip them so they're in the same format as the PS2 DVD? I mean isn't there only one way to do this in terminal? Because that's how I've done it. I've actually found that method in a thread somewhere, and it seemed to work for someone!

Any further help is greatly appreciated Smile

Weeeell, if you look at my previous post (wich I edited 15 minutes before you posted this one) you will see the procedure under the "EDIT:" line...
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Oops just seen!

That's pretty much what I had done. Well I might have done something wrong, I'll try again with another PS2 DVD and check that it's also supported Smile Hope it works this time.
(12-04-2012, 01:52 PM)Ocelot Wrote: Oops just seen!

That's pretty much what I had done. Well I might have done something wrong, I'll try again with another PS2 DVD and check that it's also supported Smile Hope it works this time.
Do tell us how it goes ^_^
Yep!

It's creating the ISO right now.

Strangely enough it didn't put it on my Desktop, but instead it's in Users/username. But I can see it growing Smile
Update!

So: I tested it with Gran Turismo 4, PAL edition. Judging by the list of compatible games, everything should work.

I loaded the ISO, and this screen popped up (which suggests that at least a part of the game works, since this message is coming from the game):

[Image: 42749473.png]

After a few seconds, this message disappears (which is normal) but after that, nothing happens anymore. It just stays on a black screen!

Damn, so close. Almost Mellow

So what could this be? No error messages or whatsoever in Terminal.
The compatibility list is valid for windows version only...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Damn. But how do I know which games work, and which don't? Is there no list somewhere?

Man, that really sucks Sad

I guess it's useless then…
(12-04-2012, 04:49 PM)Ocelot Wrote: Damn. But how do I know which games work, and which don't? Is there no list somewhere?

Man, that really sucks Sad

I guess it's useless then…

Ask ^_^
Okay so we know that Gran Turismo 4 doesn't work Laugh

How about The Getaway? This is pretty much the only one that I want to make work. But since it was crashing I guess it doesn't work either. Or maybe I will try ripping it again, maybe the method was just slightly wrong (I hope so!!) Smile