Please read it all before you reply
Yesterday I saw a video that was talking about bottlenecking. It made me start thinking about weather or not I was bottlenecking my gpu by alot. So I want to see if overclock could help with that but I don't know somethings about my system. All i know is that i can push my cpu speed to 3.33ghz through the radio and host clock control but now I wonder what some of these other options do like the performance enhance option. Also the pci express option and how I could maximize my performance. Also if you compare ddr3 and ddr2 how much of a difference in performance will that be of course I am not refering to like the highest ddr3 memory vs ddr2s highest but say the average and how that would impact game performace if you run at the same amount of gb's of ram.

CPU intel dual core E5400 overclocked 3.33ghz
Ram ddr2 2gb
GPU 650 ti boost 1gb
Windows 8 64 bit
1368x786

Sponsored links

In my oppinion the only way to not bottleneck that cpu is to upgrade your cpu.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-29-2013, 12:32 AM)JohanG Wrote: Yesterday I saw a video that was talking about bottlenecking. It made me start thinking about weather or not I was bottlenecking my gpu by alot. So I want to see if overclock could help with that but I don't know somethings about my system. All i know is that i can push my cpu speed to 3.33ghz through the radio and host clock control but now I wonder what some of these other options do like the performance enhance option. Also the pci express option and how I could maximize my performance. Also if you compare ddr3 and ddr2 how much of a difference in performance will that be of course I am not refering to like the highest ddr3 memory vs ddr2s highest but say the average and how that would impact game performace if you run at the same amount of gb's of ram.

CPU intel dual core E5400 overclocked 3.33ghz
Ram ddr2 2gb
GPU 650 ti boost 1gb
Windows 8 64 bit
1368x786

Don't overclock the PCI express bus. They already have more bandwidth than your card(or really any card) could saturate, overclocking it will only make it unstable.

It sounds like you are in a little bit over your head here. I'm not trying to sound like a smartass but be careful you don't fry your system. As long as you just change the multiplier you should be okay. But it looks to me like you may have OC via the base clock WHICH ALSO OVERCLOCKS YOUR MEMORY. You should run memtest to make sure it's stable, or you will have silent corruption to your data and won't know til it's too late.

Don't adjust your voltage unless you are absolutely 100% certain of exactly what that means and does.

DDR3 VS DDR2... it's simple, DDR3 is faster. How it would affect a game would depend on your graphics card, the game, how much textures are stored in memory, etc. The difference would be there, but it wouldn't make a sub par system awesome, for instance. And only very rare specialty boards are compatible with both, so yours most likely is not.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Do you want to get general answers or a particular?

If you google your mainboard/bios you will probably find an explanation for these settings.

There is a difference between DDR2 and DDR3 but they are not compatible. So you can not just put a new DDR3-DIM into that DDR2-socket. You would need a new mainboard. But if you buy a new mainboard it would probably not be reasonable to keep that cpu. And then you build a new pc...

But I don't get if you are satisfied with your speed or not? Overclocking should help a lot. Especially if your base rate is lower than 3Ghz. The other settings should not change to much and might only reduce the stability... But better check the bios-manual.

Ah Blyss already said that changing the other settings can create more problems than advantages. Keep this in mind.
I know I cant use DDR3 but i was just curious as for the difference... I will do a memtest even though I have OCed this once before like this... Not exactly the same last time i lowered the multiplier and uped the base clock to 333 which got my the same rate.... Any higher would result in crashes but i will test again to make sure its all good. I only really asked all this because I tried playing bioshock infinite and i could go ultimate but with some studering and had to settle with normal or alittle lower.... COD:Ghosts totally killed itself when i tried playing that as it would lag extremely even on 680x480 with everything very low or off though if I redid a lvl i just played it would be lag free or something like that. even though I could play MW3 BO2 and BO2 fairly well at normal rates. I also played AC4 which i couldnt handle at full unless i made everything low then i could at 40-60 frames. even though I could play AC3 at max and get the same frames or so.

As for the performance enhance I did look at it in google and all i know is it has something to do with trimming and memory frequency which I don't get.... As for the over my head maybe but I wasn't playing to do more then this unless someone else said I should other wise with others agreeing .... Thank you all for your help